eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lowest price allowed to post something
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

43rd, The Weebly business package is like $21 a month after tax and it's easy to use, very customizable, html accepted, and looks nice overall. May be a good place to look for a personal website. Yahoo is cheap too but you can't personalize anything, it's sucks. BigCommerce is like $25 or $30 a month and is the best when it comes to extra features for no extra charge but they pester the snot out of you with phone calls and emails to sell you stuff.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A little could be added to the description (an explanation of his grading scale since everyone has a different opinion and whether the cards pictured are the ones that will be shipped). However, if you're buying Magic the Gathering cards, you already know what they are, what they're for and you're looking for specific ones to build your decks or complete your collection...

I understand the "condition" issue. Some people have discrepancies and different views about it. Now about title, description, and photo. Do you read my comment? Do you understand we aren't in eBay? He re in eCrater more than half of the traffic from the marketplace or any of our stores is from search engines.

Lets take for example cosmicray's Lego items. Is he erase the Lego word from the tittle and description? How much traffic and sales he will loose? I'm sure more than half. Because is a key word.

The same goes for the Magic cards. eBay's big traffic is from the members not search engines. So a lack of tittle, description, or photo isn't a big issue. You always will get a sale.

43rdStreetComicsCards, I sell trading cards too. I understand your issue with prices. Just remember eBay has traffic and here in eCrater or your site is needed to build traffic. Good luck in your business.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The absolute best buy you're going to find is a hosting package--whether do it yourself or template based. The do-it-yourself is completely flexible but you also have to know how to use the program (usually wordpress). I think that's the way I'm going to go when I finally get my new website up and running. Still trying to decide if I want a plug and play or to spend some hours with coding. That I could do, but time is always a major issue--especially in the last couple years.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, I think that is part of what has held us back from having our own ecommerce web. I don't have the time to learn how to set up a site with a cart and keep it updated, plus adding in the around 10K of current inventory plus the huge backlog we have. I finally figured it is better to keep listing than to take days>weeks>months to set up a website. My husband had his own website for years that he did himself, but things have changed so muck he would have a steep learning curve all over again and with his current poor vision that just isn't in the cards at this point.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, it's not ideal, but the way things have gone over the past going on year now--and especially this past "The Year Without Christmas Sales"--it may be a necessity sooner than later. At least then I'll have full control over options like html, and how my links look, and keywords, and advertisement, and where to submit, etc etc etc. Unfortunately, sales here have just become stagnant for too long. It's a good thing I have been so busy with other things. Otherwise I'd likely just be depressed. Rolling Eyes
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: