eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ok this is getting ridiculous!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Ok this is getting ridiculous! Reply with quote

I get a order on 5/19 for gift wrap. It ships out the same day via priority mail. This guy calls my 800 number saying that it doesn't get there in time for his daughters b-day and ofcourse it's all my fault (rolling eyes). Ok go ahead and refuse the package and when I get it back I'll refund you.

I get it back and refund him $11.99 the cost of the wrap. He calls me today totally insulting me calling me every name in the book because I didn't refund the shipping. I am shocked for a second then realize that while most items I have for sale come with free shipping the wrapping paper doesn't. So not refunding S/H was my mistake but does this idiot have the right to act like a jerk? Good grief I refunded the S/H on the spot when I realized it was my mistake. Now 3 hours later after he got the email from google checkout of the refund he leaves me lying, malicious negative feedback!

Why would people lose their minds over something so small and a unintentional mistake that was immediately corrected? What happened to people who can actually talk without insulting people? It's a shame that his poor daughter probably has to hear his foul mouth everyday.

Now another person buys a switchplate. It gets shipped, but before it arrives she leaves negative feedback implying that I stole her $9.99 and didn't deliver her switchplate. I have the DC # To prove she has her item.

Just a weird week for me I guess but cmon people I do this for fun. I'm not out to rip people off and these feedbacks which I can't even respond to are making it seem like I am.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Just the nature of people Reply with quote

I think you will find that it is just the nature of some people to be just plain nasty. No matter what you do for those people they will be nasty.

Not your fault and you should not feel bad.

Make yourself feel good and go over to Amazon and read some of the feedback. There are so many vendors that get a 99% rate and someone receives a package that has been damaged by the shipper and not the vendor and yet they blame the vendor and give bad feedback.

Yet, when something good happens to most people or they get treated right you never hear from them.

I always make it a point now to send a note of appreciation or note someone who has really done a good job, treated me right in a store as well as complain if I have to.

Don't fret.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do this for fun

I think if you sell online YOU need to do it as a business. IT is a business and people perceive it as a business as that is the front you put up having a store. Business is not always fun. Heck, life isn't always fun.

I am sorry this happened to you but it makes me wonder how some sellers (not you , just saying in general) seem to get all the bad customers.

Quote:
does this idiot have the right to act like a jerk?

Insults are not needed but many people often when they feel they had to fight for what is theirs get that way. It was your mistake, honest mistake or not but it was your mistake not refunding the shipping if you told him it would be refunded.
Your calling him a jerk and an idiot isn't much different if you think about it.
Feedback left by the guy says -
Quote:
the order i place didn't arrive in time when i asked for a refund she was rude didn't get ship $ bac

So he obvious felt that you were rude. NOT SAYING you were but that is the persumption he got. Which is not an excuse for him to get rude back but something to think about how you came across so you can improve. And you didn't refund the shipping until he had to ask for it again. So I can understand him being a bit ticked.

Quote:
Why would people lose their minds over something so small

hhhmmmm asking myself that same question. lol
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Working with the public Reply with quote

I am sure you did the best you could.

I worked with the public for 27 years and I could not please the people no matter what I did.

Yes, as a business person you do have to bite your lip.

Venting on this board is okay. We are your friends and I am sure you didn't mean any harm by calling him a jerk etc. We all have the tendency to use slang at times. Well, I guess I should never say all but many of us.

Again, don't let it upset you. Let it pass. You will be fine.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wonder how some sellers get all the bad comments? Yeah it does happen but not often. I have been on ecrater about as long as you BT and this is a first for me to get multiple hasty and nasty customers.

Please, look at my feedback on this site prior and my ebay feedback and amazon. Most my customers are wonderful and do appreciate the PROFESSIONAL service I offer and the cute products. I do it for fun and a little extra spending cash but I do it right and take my endeavors seriously, thank you!

It's pretty sad when people feel the need to swear at another over a $5.99 mistake that was immediately corrected. And if you're going to defend that then you need to get a grip. lol

Anyways I needed to vent so I don't have to annoy my husband with the story and I do feel better. Thanks!
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks babygifts! I do feel alot better and needed the vent. People can be downright abusive and mean, hopefully he treats his family members better than he treats strangers Rolling Eyes

Have a wonderful day!
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I just think in this case the guy had the right to leave the feedback he left.
That is MY OPINION.

I had a sale yesterday. Buyer paid with an e-check that won't clear until the 18th and stated that they need it for the 23rd. I emailed and told them
#1 it won't ship until after the payment clears- so that means the 19th.
I ship USPS Priority mail BUT
#2 I won't guarantee USPS delivery time.

Although 4 days should get it there in time, I am not willing to risk it. And told the buyer that. I lost the sale BUT I know they won't be hollaring that it didn't arrive on time for them to wear to an event of the 23rd.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're entitled to your opinion even though it's the wrong opinion lol

This person never contacted me telling me he needed it by X date. This item was not something I had to make and it was shipped the same day. I know I didn't deserve to be treated like that over the phone and that I don't deserve the comment he made. Rolling Eyes
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

IT's MY OPINION - it can't be wrong. YOU might disagree but an opinion is an opinion - there is no right or wrong.

In your opinion the guy did not leave you fair feedback.
In my opinion based on what you stated - he did.

Don't much matter, what is done is done.
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamless-Switchplates wrote:

This person never contacted me telling me he needed it by X date. This item was not something I had to make and it was shipped the same day. I know I didn't deserve to be treated like that over the phone and that I don't deserve the comment he made. Rolling Eyes

We have great customer service, but we are not a doormat, and don't play one on TV.

If your customer didn't contract with you to deliver by a specific date, and you did everything else right, then I don't see why you refunded in the first place.

Bad customer...bad! Evil or Very Mad
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been some super gift wrap to lose it like that. Probably a dead beat dad who forgot his kids birthday till the last second and then found a way to blame it on someone else.

Sometimes I believe it is in the alignment of the stars. Whenever I have difficulties be it with buyers or technology or burnt dinner, it comes in multiples.

I'd like to know how you get so many buyers to leave feedback.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry you are having to go through this, Seamless. It's been my sad experience that the less expensive the item sells for, the more demanding and sometimes obnoxious the buyers can be Sad

I tell you this much, I don't know what's up with "priority mail" just lately, but I have been NOT recommending it to people unless they live in the west coast - I mean in view of the ocean! (I'm in upstate NY) I've had more than one package recently take 3-4 days to go to places like Florida, or Ohio - RIDICULOUS!

My sister sent bus tickets from outside Denver to my brother in Las Vegas, NM for our Memorial Day weekend party to celebrate the nephew's graduation. She sent them priority 2 weeks before the event to make sure he got them in time (he's developmentally disabled, kinda like a permanent 10 year old - usually happy go lucky but can't drive!). It took a week and a half to get there, and the address was RIGHT!

You should know, too, if you are using USPS express, they do NOT guarantee next day delivery to all areas - always check carefully with the postmaster to be sure. In fact, if you're smart, and the ship to is in your UPS zone, it's wiser to send it UPS for next day delivery - in our zone at least, they quote (and always deliver in my experience) within ONE day!

Why are people crabby and sometimes unreasonable? You're talking to a former 20+ year waitress who is now in inside sales - believe me when I say, they just can be sometimes!! All you can do is go on the the next (hopefully nice) customer.
skincareideas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
the less expensive the item sells for, the more demanding and sometimes obnoxious the buyers can be Sad

*Nod! Nod!*

Seamless-Switchplates, I also got a bad experience from a recent buyer. I understand how you feel.

I have always remind myself to thank and show appreciation to people for their good services. However, there will be some that have a tendency to complain and put others down without any attempt to communicate first. To them, it is ALWAYS the fault of someone else and not themselves. Perhaps rule number one for seller is to have a strong stomach.
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: NOT EASY TO KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY Reply with quote

I have a lot of understanding for the seller. You are a better person than I. If there was no fault with the product, you can prove by receipt of posting that you posted same or next day and you are aware that it arrived within your specified time for delivery, I am sorry, but I would not give the buyer a refund as you have done everything you contracted to do.
If the buyer had specified that the item must arrive by a certain date and you agreed with this it would be different, but you did not do this.

I on the side of the seller 99%.

The 1% I not agree with is that others are allowed their opinion, like 'big tall' and there is no right and wrong in opinions.

You were very generous with a bad buyer. Forget him and move on there are lots of good buyers out there, who will come back time and time again. Be glad to see the back of the bad ones.

Take a deep breath and smile, It will make you feel better Very Happy
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand your situation with this disgruntled customer. Perhaps if you had refunded the shipping instead of having the customer refuse the merchandise and have it returned to you. This way the blame would have been reinforced on the part of USPS as he would have seen the date it was shipped. The outcome may have been the same, who knows, but when you refund the purchase, it sometimes can be perceived by the customer as the fault of the seller. When we have a disgruntled customer, no matter what the situation, we refund payment in full or replace the item & permit the customer to keep the merchandise. We can do this because most our items are under $20. We can't refund the shipping alone as we offer free shipping on all our products. Of course, none of the above is guaranteed success as you can't possibly please everyone 100% of the time.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: