eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Should I Delete My Listing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyphlepp123

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Should I Delete My Listing? Reply with quote

I just made my first sale on eCrater, yippee!!! Wink Wink Wink
Buyer paid with Paypal, and the item has been shipped, and I notified her so.
Now, I thought about deleting the item, but thought the buyer might want to review it after she receives the item.
So I marked SOLD in the item title. Is this allowed? Or should I just go ahead and delete the listing. Unsure of what I should do. Is there a way to put it on hold temprarily, like just for a few days? I don't want to put my entire store on hold. Any advice? Rolling Eyes Sad
It is here:
http://ladyphlepp123.ecrater.com/p/24714785/sold-national-geographic-magazine-may-2016
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put sold in the title and then "hide" it by clicking that box. You just ever know when you might need to check the listing for some reason. If you keep it it live..someone else may try to buy it. Congrats on your first sale!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your First Sale!

You can leave the item in your store as long as you wish, but if it has sold the item MUST be placed on hold. Otherwise it's still active for sale, it's against eCrater rules, and it's against Google Shopping rules. Placing Sold in the title is fine, or you can add a blurp to the description. Go to the item page in your admin, scroll down about middle of the page, look for "Hide this product" and add a check-mark to the box. No one will be able to find this item in your store, the eCrater marketplace or Google Shopping. IF your customer saved a link to the page or if you send them a link to the page they will be able to see the item. ALSO, any link still in any search engine or facebook page, pinterest or anywhere else a link may have gotten posted, the link will still work. The Buy Now button will change to On Hold so no one can buy the product but they will be able to see it and may browse around to find something else. I never delete an item to keep the links active and to save time when I find another one.

One other thing, if you go to your admin, scroll down to Account: Options and click. You'll see an option to "Enable Inventory Control". If you check this option any sale that is paid by PayPal or Stripe through the checkout system will automatically be hidden unless you have your item quantity set for more than 1 item or have your item quantity blank (which means unlimited quantity). You'll still have to hide those items that are sold with paper payments or sold via an invoice you created through PayPal or sold for cash locally.
ladyphlepp123

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Delete My Listing? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.
It is done.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing Sold in the title is not enough. You must click on the hide option in your admin. Just writing sold doesn't hide the item and it is still for sale as far as the internet knows. As long as the item is hidden you can leave it in your store as long as you like.

When your buyer finished checkout and payment, they receive a confirmation email with the link to the item. They can click on that to view the item. That remains visible for I don't know how long.
ladyphlepp123

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Listing On Hold Reply with quote

Already taken care of.
By the way, I love your store logo. I have a cat that looks a lot like that one.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: