eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I just had my first sale and confused on order.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cemops2007

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: I just had my first sale and confused on order. Reply with quote

First order came in but says pay on delivery. When do I get paid, and am I really expected to ship this rare antique coin before getting paid? Or am I not getting something? On ebay, it is easy to do, add tracking number and payment is sent to my paypal account. Is it the same here on ecrater? Cannot find any instructions on the website and the FAQ function seems to be inoperative. Any help understanding this would be helpful.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your store's admin page. There you will see "Payment Options" under basic set up. You will find different payment options you can select for your store:

PayPal
Stripe
Money Orders
Cashier's Check
Personal Check
Cash on Delivery

Apparently your store currently has "Cash on Delivery" selected as a payment option. That may be a default selection?? I don't remember if there were defaults when I set mine up.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...am I really expected to ship this rare antique coin before getting paid?"

As a Seller, You make a decision and provide a list with the payment method(s) You are willing to accept.

On Your listings I can see only the "Credit Cards accepted via: PayPal" option, so - in this particular case - You will need to address to the eCrater support: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/complete sale = Order + Payment
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you had cash of delivery as a payment option at the time of the sale, then you need to cancel the sale and offer them an option of a credit card payment as cash on delivery was an accident on your part and you don't use that form of payment - no one should. But yes, that is what it means, you ship and hope when it gets to them that they are willing to pay for it. By eCRATER rules, you can't ask for more shipping money if you get it wrong, either ship for free. This is where it helps to announce your store opening in that thread as we would have caught that for you

And as an FYI - you should not open the same topic in difference threads here. One will get locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: