eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

gtin attribute
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: gtin attribute Reply with quote

I am hoping that someone out there can help me.

I have several items that do not have the gtins as the tags are missing. I do know the mpn and brand but do not know the gtin. Can anyone tell me what word do you put in the gtin attribute in order to get Google to approve the listing?

I know that Google requires an attribute called "identifier_exists" and then I have to put false, plus I cannot show the mpn but can show a brand in order for Google to accept the listing. With Ecrater, I have no idea as I previously put under the gtins " does not apply" and they were all rejected.

Does or did anyone have the same problem and what did you do?

Thank you in advance.

Linda
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those items of mine that don't have a UPC, I do the identifier exists:false thing. Never had done it up to now as we only needed two out of three and so the brand and pattern number were sufficient. Now google wants the UPC and I'm sorry to say that Google can have a two year old tantrum, but there is an immense amount of products for sale that don't have UPCs.

Do the ones you can. Be sure you are promoting like crazy on Pinterest and G+ your items as well. G+ is different than Google shopping and is part of where some non-marketplace purchases come from.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: gtin attribute Reply with quote

I thought tha the UPC and gtin were basically one in the same but guess I was wrong.

I have never been so tired of dealing with Google as I have been in the last few years. Just when you think you have everything brought up to date and things are looking good, Google throws another curve ball. To me, Google is trying to weed out the small sellers to promote the corporations like Walmart, etc.

Do you still include the brand and mpn along with the identifier exists in your attributes? What I am saying, do you include all 3? The only reason I ask is because I submit my own Google feed on another site and they would not accept the mpn as well as the identifier exists in the attributes both at the same time so I had to take out the mpn and just use the brand and identifier exists then it was accepted.

On some of the sellers on Ebay that I have checked, they just put under mpn, "does not apply" and the gtin "does not apply". That does not work here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on where you are located there are several numbers that can be used for the gtn but here it is usually the UPC.

what Google is doing now is much what ebay was doing when I left. Google has forgotten that they are a search engine but instead have decided that they want to be a cash cow. Great for stock holders, but not us. And bad if you are a search engine that is refusing to show all compatible searches unless they are paid to do so. I seem to be having more orders via Bing this years than before and I hope that they continue to grow and don't lay down and start replicating Google.

When the ultimatum about the gtn/upc came down, I had well over 8000 listings that needed UPCs added. I also have other things to do so I only fix things when the come up and I'm twaking listings etc. As of today I have 7428 more to go and a bunch of them don't have UPCs and some of the UPCs are duplicated within the company so that will be a problem as well. FUN - not!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: gtin attribute Reply with quote

I feel for you trying to update all your listings. I do not have even close to that amount to correct and I am tired already.

Do not hold your breath on Bing. They are already going the way of Google. They want you to pay now too, probably not to the extent of Google but if they see how much Google is raking in, they will do the same. It is getting more difficult to sell on the web and that is just where Google has got us just where they want us. Good luck with your listings. Thank you for all your input.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: gtin or upc attribute Reply with quote

I really need some input again on the upc or gtin attribute.

What does a seller put with the upc attribute when there is not a upc or gtin number available?

I tried the upc attribute and with that I used "false" and that did not work, then I used " does not apply" and that does not work. I changed the upc to identifier_exists=false and ecrater rejected that. This is an absolute nightmare if a seller does not have a upc number.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You HAVE to put identifier_exists in the first column, and false in the second. That is the only way it will work. Then you will not need to input the upc or the gtin. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: gtin attribute Reply with quote

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I did put identifier_exists in the first column and false in the second and clicked update. Ecrater said " This attribute is not supported by Ecrater. Please enter brand and gtin or upc.

I happen to know that google accepts the identifier_exists because I read up on the google information. Why would Ecrater rejects this I have no idea.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure there are no extra spaces before any words, and double check you are using the underscore and no capital letters in false. If every thing is right, ask staff for help. I know things can get frustrating when you think you are doing everything right. I just had a problem last night, I was ready to throw my laptop across the room, then someone helped me and it was a "doh" moment.

eCrater excepts it, I use it on every one of my items.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: gtin attribute Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. Will see if I can make this work.

Do you have the brand and mpn attribute as attributes? I know that Google will not accept the identifier_exists if I use the mpn attribute as I submit my own google feed on another site and that is what I ran into. I can have only one of the required attributes if I use the identifier_exists. Not sure if that is the same with Ecrater.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very few items that come with brands and upc codes, but I just use the identifier_exists on every item instead. Maybe at some point Google will punish me for that. I just have to use color and identifier_exists for all of my beads since it boils down to them being an accessory. (Another example of Goggle thinking)
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, you should join the discussion on the new Google GTIN requirement on the sellers only topic.
eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only -> Google quality
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=36643
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I list some of my older patterns with identifier exists, I'm still flagged for it. I refuse to make up a UPC and so that is how they will stay! What is sad is that through the UPC nonsense,many venues including Google seem to be telling or ignoring the fact that people actually want to buy something older and non-technical! Shocked Shocked That is what happens when kids start companies with good ideas but no common sense or age acquired wisdom.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: That is what happens when kids start companies Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
When I list some of my older patterns with identifier exists, I'm still flagged for it. I refuse to make up a UPC and so that is how they will stay! What is sad is that through the UPC nonsense,many venues including Google seem to be telling or ignoring the fact that people actually want to buy something older and non-technical! Shocked Shocked That is what happens when kids start companies with good ideas but no common sense or age acquired wisdom.

Google is not a bunch of kids, far from it.

google search (or alt search): THE KATE DALLEY SHOW GOOGLE
better yet, search Soundcloud (episode 495) The Kate Dalley Show Podcast (she was fired for telling the truth and is no longer on the FOX News site).

-end response to MoonwishesStore post

My response to the MESS THAT GOOGLE IS CREATING here:

Attribute Nightmare is just that, I am flagged now for items listed over a year ago, can only DELETE them 5 at a time, AS I CAN SEE THEM. Repairing them NEVER WORKS longterm.

It appears to me that the best solution for the Google "errors" is to fold and give up by DELETING all of the items that GOOGLE DOES NOT WANT listed here.

Google Attribute: Item missing: NEW WORLD BARCODE

Last edited by InnovatedVisions on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea what you are talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: