eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is there a global editor action tutorial ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicMuscleCarLiterature

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Is there a global editor action tutorial ? Reply with quote

Is there a global editor action tutorial for dummies like me ?

I want to change prices and shipping prices at the same time
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, please don't start two topics on the same topic. We are fellow sellers and most of us read all new topics when we have time to come to the forum.

For help with the Global Editor, there is a topic in the FAQ section of the Community, eCRATER.com Forum Index -> FAQs and Solutions -> Solutions to Common Questions - Global Editor. Here's a link to the topic: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25561 A tutorial was written by a fellow seller and a link to the tutorial is posted in the topic. It appears well written and seems easy to follow. I can't say for sure because I've never used the Global Editor.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to test the Global Editor is to create a custom category them add some items for test. Get in mind it can take some minutes to show the updates.

PD
Quote:
First, please don't start two topics on the same topic. We are fellow sellers and most of us read all new topics when we have time to come to the forum.

Agree.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to change prices and shipping prices at the same time

And a question from Your second topic:
Quote:
...how these symbols in global editor action are to be used in adjusting my prices. + - * /

- in the Apply to*: window/box choose in which category (or all of them) You want to change Your prices.

- in the Action*: box You can make only single choice, so, choose price (if You don't set AU, or UK shop, Base: will be in US$ by default),

- in the Operator*: box choose one symbol (now, it's up to You: if You want to add some amount to Your existing prices, choose +, if You want to lower them, choose minus symbol, etc.)

- add the proper amount in the User Value*: box (this will work with the above chosen symbol, so set it carefully: if You add here e.g. 2 and in the Operator*: box symbol plus, Your prices will increase from X to X+2, but if You choose 2 and a multiplication symbol *, then Your prices will be doubled X*2)

- follow the same procedure with Your shipping prices.

I've used the Global editor only once, when I set prices for the Australian version and it worked very fast.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices you can change via the global editor, however the shipping depends on what type of shipping you have selected. If you are using the matrix, you have to change prices their. If the calculated prices then you fix it there, etc. I only use the matrix, so I only have to change it when the PO changes shipping prices.

To set prices for you UK or AUS store, then you use the global editor using the astrick and the amount should be something like 0.75. You have to have the leading zero or a number like this 1.12. Once your actual shipping is set when listing, ecrater's team resets your shipping price according to currency exchange rates as needed. We don't know when or what number they use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: