eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Buyer asking where their purchase is

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catesgeneralstore

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Buyer asking where their purchase is Reply with quote

A buyer purchased an item on may 14th, item was shipped on the 16th, tracking shows it was delivered on the 18th in/at the mailbox at 11:15 a.m.

I don't know what else to tell them. Should I have them contact the post office and see if they can do anything, but I don't know what they would be able to do
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first I'd have them verify their address in case they have an old one on file.

Then I'd ask who would have been at home when the package was delivered and if no one was at home, how private is the place where they would have left the package? Some post people will leave packages with neighbors. Take a screen shot of the delivery confirmation notice and send to the buyer.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the buyer to ask around to see if it was misdelivered, and to ask anyone else living there if they had put the package somewhere in the house or apt.

I had a peculiar situation on another site. The package showed as delivered and the buyer could not find it. I asked him to do as above, to no avail. So I refunded him and asked him to reimburse me, if it eventually showed up. We kept it friendly, and he was easy to deal with. A month went by, and I did get reimbursement. It turned out that his apartment manager, who accepted packages for the apartment dwellers, was fired, and a new one came in, and found several packages that were never delivered to the people.

So strange things can happen.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask them to check with the Post Master at their local post office, explaining the tracking shows delivered but it wasn't received. I've read of several cases where a substitute driver had worked the route and was able to help locate the package. Some of the newer scanners the carriers have can provide more information on the delivery location (by GPS) which helps when the carrier delivers to a totally different location.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had so many packages show delivered but the buyer can't find it, it isn't even funny until you find out where the package had been! The worst was the lady writing wondering where her package was and it was in her mail box! Apparently she didn't get much mail and the pattern I had sent her the week before had been propped by her door so she figured the next one would be so NEVER checked her mailbox.

Anyhow yes, have them check with their post office, all neighbors, all family members, instide every crevice where a package could be tucked both on their porch, in their shed, at their pack door, in fancy displays on porchs, boxes on porches, with the apartment supervisor, etc. Most of these packages really don't diasappear, and depending on the type of item, some 'go missing' much more often than others. I don't have a clue how anyone can stand selling in the elctronics arena, it would give me an ulcer in about 5 minutes flat so much of their stuff can't be found after delivery.
catesgeneralstore

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your responses. I did provide her with tracking #, and wrote that it said was delivered on specific date. I also asked her if there was anyone else who may have picked up the mail and forgot to tell her or give it to her. I told her she should contact the post office and explain that she never received the item, yet it shows it was delivered, and ask them what they can do to try and figure out what happened to it. I will update when I have more information on this.
catesgeneralstore

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I heard back from the buyer, here is her response:

Oh my gosh, I did rec the shirt! So sorry, waiting for a shirt from another vendor. Sorry about that, thank you for answering my email so quickly.

Glad they got it!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad everything worked out well for you. Thank you for posting back with the end of the story, it's most appreciated.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I sent a box of things to a buyer and she emailed that one item was missing. I remembered that item very well as I had a hard time finding it. After she assured me she had shaken out the newspaper some items were wrapped in and questioned her family who might have taken the item, she responded days later. She had just taken the shipping box to the garbage and found the missing apron under the box.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: