eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi everyone -- setting up new store for fishing tackle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireflylake

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone -- setting up new store for fishing tackle Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

Wanted to say hi. I am in the process of setting up my store to sell fishing tackle. Mostly lures and baits but some rods and reels and assorted other goodies. I have been selling on eBay for years but am looking for a site with a simpler approach and more freedom to deal directly with my customers. I have loaded a few items and am working on my layout before I get too many items and create a big project changing things.

I have noticed many stores have item categories on the main page rather than a few items. I was wondering how you make that happen. I have stored a few category photos but nothing seemed to change. Nothing shows in the "position boxes" at the bottom of the category page either.

Thanks for any understanding you can bring. It seems the forums are the best way to get information on how to do something here. There is limited "Help" on the site itself. I applaud everyone for making this what seems to be a good place for sellers.

John
Firefly Lake Outdoors
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I'm not positive but the category thing I think needs items in at least 4-8 categories. It has been a long time since I set mine up.

Quote:
If you wish to use a different payment method, please contact us so we can try to accommodate your needs.

Just to be on the safe side, you are aware that the ONLY payment types you can accept here are those sanctioned by eCRATER. PayPal, Stripe, MO, checks, COD (stupid way). So other sources are not allowed as far as I know. Someone else will tell us if I'm wrong and I could be on this one, but I need a nap.

Usually I am more coherent, but I'm sleepy right now. Welcome.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Click on categories, then click on the pencil (edit button) for that category. Upload a picture to represent that category. Then at the bottom of that page assign it a position.
I have a picture for each of my categories and subcategories and rotate them every once in a while.

Good luck on your store. Stop by the forum often and like our Ecrater page on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ecrater
fireflylake

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.

Lastade -- I did the pictures ok but I missed the buttons at the bottom to assign a position. Poor eyesight I guess but your post put me back on track. Thanks

Moonwishes -- I think I am ok with the payment methods I accept. I will go back through the text I copied from elsewhere to be sure I don't mention something unacceptable here. I am not sure about checks & MO, I may drop them since they take so long and I have not had many sales using them. Thanks and get some rest
TssullyTackleBox

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your site looks like it is set up good. You have the added advantage of buying your items from the manufacturer, so all of your google attributes should be good. You should think about adding Stripe to your checkout. If you should want to set up a Facebook store later...they use stripe and you will be able to link the account right to Facebook. You will probably have to promote your store on Facebook anyway so you kill two birds with one stone. Good luck on your store, and welcome to Ecrater!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Your site is well organized and looks like you are off to a good start.

Moonwhishes mentioned your payment methods. The quote she gave was from your terms page which seems to encourage customers to contact you regarding other payment methods. The eCRATER Terms of Service state,
Quote:
-Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported and integrated by eCRATER.
Your sentence appears to violate this term. You should contact eCRATER from the contact on the home page to ask if it's ok to have that in your terms.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set shop.

If I may suggest, here You have a possibility to add a wider logo than on eB, so Your text 'Firefly Lake Outdoors' would be even more visible.

Welcome to eCrater and good luck!
fireflylake

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the responses. I will modify my payment text and see if I can't set up a bigger image.

Very helpful comments.
Slowly getting more items set up.
Fishing lures make great Fathers Day gifts.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER! Best wishes for successful sales Smile
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum I will be hoping you sell your best way thanks you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: