eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

non payiing buyer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
katierene

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: non payiing buyer Reply with quote

How do I report a non paying buyer with a non existent e-mail address? Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. There is no such thing here. With no fees to collect back, you ignore and move on. If their address seemed plausible but they just didn't pay, there are routes to go with that.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite often people are testing the checkout procedure so they fill in nonsense details. Just ignore it.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@katierene

If you disable all payment forms other than PayPal Express and Stripe, you will not see this type of issue happen. PayPal Express and Stripe are instant electronic, everything else the buyer can ignore and never pay.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, if the order isn't paid, it is still in your stock for sale here on eCRATER. If another person comes along and buys it in the meantime, it's too bad for the person who didn't pay.

But there are lots of folks who are just trying things out, as Moonwishes said. They never follow through with the sale. But they might come back at a later time and buy from you.

The opposite sometimes happens too, you might get a double payment, when folks think the first click doesn't send in the payment, and they click again. Then you have to refund one of the payments, unless you have more than one and they wanted to buy a couple.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/complete sale = Order + Payment
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
Just remember, if the order isn't paid, it is still in your stock for sale here on eCRATER. If another person comes along and buys it in the meantime, it's too bad for the person who didn't pay.

While true, I believe that the unpaid order is still actionable (i.e. the customer can come in a day later and try to make payment). Since we already know that quantity of zero is not enough to prevent an order from flowing thru, there could be a problem waiting to happen.

I cannot think of an easy way to prevent this. To be perfectly clear, the problem scenario is probably only with PP Classic/Standard. With manual payment methods, the seller has to put the item on hold, and hope for the best.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic, don't forget the quantity doesn't go to zero unless it is paid for electronically so it is ready and waiting for the first person to pay for it.
katierene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone here at ecrater for your help with this problem. I am new here to ecrater. I have waited a while to see if I might receive a M.O. in the mail but nothing has showed up so I will take your advice and move on.

Smile
texas

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: non payiing buyer Reply with quote

katierene wrote:
How do I report a non paying buyer with a non existent e-mail address? Sad

Old posting but still relevant. I have had bad experiences of eCrater and kind of let it go with the thought I might come back to it. Yet again today I had a 'buyer' who didn't pay. This has happened several times to me. I personally think there are too many scammers on this site, who think you will just mail it to them without checking your Paypal account. I had a later email, reminding me of his address, I forget how this works so maybe this is standard. Scammer though. That has reinforced my viewpoint. As regards keeping your item in stock, well that's not strictly true, the item is removed as though there has been a sale and is no longer for sale, you have to go in and relist it, right? I always wonder if a person like that who did not pay can then give a negative feedback? I was just about to come back to eCrater and then this...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I personally think there are too many scammers on this site, who think you will just mail it to them without checking your Paypal account. I had a later email, reminding me of his address, I forget how this works so maybe this is standard. Scammer though. That has reinforced my viewpoint. As regards keeping your item in stock, well that's not strictly true, the item is removed as though there has been a sale and is no longer for sale, you have to go in and relist it, right? I always wonder if a person like that who did not pay can then give a negative feedback? I was just about to come back to eCrater and then this...

Sorry but you are wrong about much of what you say. I have sold plenty here without EVER being scammed. If you get an order without the payment, you can send them an invoice and an email that politely tells them that the payment didn't go through and here is an invoice if you want to try again. This has nothing to do with scams. If you are signed up for PP Express, you would generally never even see the so called order that didn't get paid. Anyone who sends a product without being sure it is paid for desrves what happens to them. There are many reasons that a PP payment doesn't go through the first time. It happens to many honest buyers who really want the item.

If they don't pay, they can't leave feedback.

If they don't pay, the item is never removed from stock and you don't have to relist it. The only 'work' you have to do with an unpaid order is send them an invoice and email and then unless they pay, ignore the whole thing.

None of the buyer not paying is ecrater's fault and not a reason certainly to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak. This is a very good venue where the owner and ecrater team support us very well when it comes to problems like negative undeserved feedback. However, if you go into selling on ecrater thinking everyone is out to scam you, then perhaps a different venue might be better for you. You can only be scammed if you allow yourself to be. Otherwise treat all customer contacts as if they were buying something for $5000 from you. Be polite, be kind, be courteous, be friendly.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can only be scammed if you allow yourself to be. Otherwise treat all customer contacts as if they were buying something for $5000 from you. Be polite, be kind, be courteous, be friendly.

Agree.

Texas, I recommend you read my post about eCrater Math 101. About eCrater forget the scammers, zodiac killers, conspiracy theories, and UFOs in the site. Nobody can get scam with just "Only an Order". Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: