eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to eCrater...Sort of ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debenllc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: New to eCrater...Sort of ... Reply with quote

Hello Group,
We're sort of new here if you consider that we created a store three years ago by importing our Ebay Store inventory. Needless to say, there's a lot of description edition for hundreds of items and we're looking for tips (or tricks) of how to do the following:
1) Change Global Sub-Categories of groups/store categories?
2) Increase/decrease Inventory quantities of groups/store categories?
3) Add images to individual items without having to do each product individually?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and/or advise.

Richard
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, glad you decided to update your store.

I'm not real clear on your first question. If you could give us an example, we might have some suggestions using the Global Editor.

I don't know of any way to change the inventory quantities except individually.

I do know there is no way to add images to individual items except to do each product individually. The quick peek I took at your items showed you probably want to update all your images at some point. To get best placement in the eCRATER Marketplace your first photo needs to be at least 800 px on one side. Once your items are fed to Google Shopping, they recommend a minimum size of 800px for both sides and prefer larger photos.

You might want to consider changing your text box on your home page. The eBay importer works great WHEN you don't use html on ebay. If you use a template and have lots of html, the text based eCRATER importer, imports everything in text which causes the problems you are seeing in your store.

Just take a deep breath and do one category at a time. You probably want to update your info on Google Attributes so you can add them as you go through your store.
debenllc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SheilaDeesPostcards"]Welcome back, glad you decided to update your store.
Thank You!javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

I'm not real clear on your first question. If you could give us an example, we might have some suggestions using the Global Editor.
javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes') Presently the default Sub-Global Catagory for all products is "Toys & Hobbies". I would like to change the Sub-Global Catagory(ies) to "Model Trains-HO for some products, O for others, etc. Ideas?

I don't know of any way to change the inventory quantities except individually.
javascript:emoticon('Shocked') Too bad.

I do know there is no way to add images to individual items except to do each product individually. The quick peek I took at your items showed you probably want to update all your images at some point. To get best placement in the eCRATER Marketplace your first photo needs to be at least 800 px on one side. Once your items are fed to Google Shopping, they recommend a minimum size of 800px for both sides and prefer larger photos.
javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes') is that 800 px horizontally or 800px vertically?

You might want to consider changing your text box on your home page.
javascript:emoticon('Embarassed') On the Home page? Welcome to the DEBenLLC Products ...?

Many thanks!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Richard and welcome.

May I suggest putting your store on hold while you get things sorted out and fixed. Many of your titles I have no clue what you are trying to sell and I don't think that is due to not being within my hobby. Then the description that is all one paragraph (thanks to ebay I'm sure) is unreadable. I love to read but when something like that is unreadable to me that means it is really bad. You also seem to have a plethora of photos with each item that doesn't help anyone to know what you are selling and what they will get. No matter what a description says, many buyers don't read and they buy by the pictures which is why although I sell sewing patterns people have bought them thinking they will get a completely made garment even though the first three words of my titles and description is "Brand-name Sewing Pattern". In your case someone buying just might expect the buildings and what not that you have in your photos.

Also have you kept up with deleting items that have sold over the last three years? If not and you haven't done it yet, it is a high priority item.

You can only change images right at the listing or on your main listing page by clicking on the camera button on the listing you want to change.

Actual inventory quantities can only be changed within the actual listing. I think you might be able to delete everything in a category by deleting that particular category. I'm not sure as I haven't done that.

As far as I know from how I understand your question you can only change a global sub-category within each listing.

If you have more listings that you have to download from wherever else you have been selling, I would recommend manually doing it. ECRATER, for me, has been the easiest and fastest venue to sell on from all the others I have tried. So listing manually is not as onerous as fixing listings and photos.

A lot of work I know. I brought over 5000 listings my first year here.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On you home page, http://debenllc.ecrater.com/ , why are you bashing eCrater? I can't see the sentence about shipping, but you can not ask more after something is sold. I would also recommend putting your store on hold until you get a fix on things. Actually, becasue every item will need fixing, perhaps just starting all over would be best, a plus for that is that you could have a store name that matches what you signed up with. Have you read the guidelines of listing here?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are ordering in excess of $50 we recommend that you contact us to add the appropriate amount of Insurance to your order. The USPS will be more motivated to find your lost or missing package if the USPS thinks that it may have to pay for the lost or missing package.

You do realize that insurance is to protect YOUR wallet. It is our responsibility as sellers to be sure that the product arrives into the buyers hands in the same condition that they bought it. If I need insurance I buy it through endicia for a very reasonable amount and the times I have had to apply for it, it was paid quickly. Rather than messing around with collecting insurance from a buyer, it is easier to just chip in the $1 + or - that it would cost. All Priority packages are automatically insured up to $50 as well so that may be part of your thinking on what type of shipping to recommend or use. BTW - when I do pay for insurance I never tell the customer as in my mind it makes it too convenient to not receive a package.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

debenllc wrote:
Presently the default Sub-Global Catagory for all products is "Toys & Hobbies". I would like to change the Sub-Global Catagory(ies) to "Model Trains-HO for some products, O for others, etc. Ideas?
That probably had something to do with the eBay importer. Actually, your Global Category should be Toys, Games & Hobbies and your Global Sub Cat could be "Model RR, Trains > HO Scale or "Model RR, Trains > O Scale, etc. Once you add the correct Global Category, you'll see your choices for Sub- Categories. There is no way to "bulk" change all the Global categories or Global Sub-categories.

debenllc wrote:
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes') is that 800 px horizontally or 800px vertically?
For eCRATER, it is either direction. Google Shopping wants both to be at least 800, but they would prefer something larger. You don't have to change them for eCRATER, but it would help. If someone searched for something that you had and there were 10 sellers on eCrater selling items that matched the search terms, the items with larger photos would be shown first.

debenllc wrote:
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
You might want to consider changing your text box on your home page.

javascript:emoticon('Embarassed') On the Home page? Welcome to the DEBenLLC Products ...?
Yes, buyers don't need to know that you don't like eCRATER but are going to try to use it. Also, you say, "If the eCrater Shipping Calculator charged you too much, we will promptly refund the excess to you." The shipping calculator on eCRATER is coming directly from the USPS. The customer is charged the retail shipping price based on the weight you enter for each item. If you entered the weight wrong or don't know how the system works, it seems unfair to blame eCRATER.

I would also like to point out that on eCRATER the search from the Marketplace and inside your store is a title only search. The buyers often don't see your store categories or the Global Categories. You have 100 characters for your title and you should make your best use of that space for the search engines.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted information regarding the size of photos on another topic that you might find interesting and/or helpful.

eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only -> Google complaint: approved low_image_quality
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=36727
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: