eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

UPC Code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store also is not complete until you have your FAQs, about page and terms filled in.
When you ask for help here we are not criticising. We are trying to help you which is all Moonwishes was trying to do. She saw the same thing I do. You have what looks to be Tinkerbell on your shirt. She does not want you to run the risk of being suspended.
If you send Ecrater proof that you are licensed to sell Disney and other copyrighted designs you will be ok.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
HansVera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not tinkerbell. I have purchased that design, rights and all. Tinkerbell has short hair. And tinkerbell also has different wings. Just because she is fairy people cannot go on claiming her to be a disney character. That is way too much of a claim against somebody's art.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the topic, if You please.

NOTE: this article (link below) is not addressed whatsoever to anybody in particular.
This text and post is dedicated to everybody in general.

"When you learn the art of writing nice things, you can warm people up by being super sweet and understanding ... and still get what you want out of the situation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/apryl-beverly/how-to-write-really-mean-_b_6407462.html

I strongly believe that in many situations it's not what you say, but how you say it.

P.S. I have this rule here on the forum, when the topic's question or theme is comprehensively answered, I try not to add a new post on the end, as sometimes some people obviously do it just to have their shop's link on the first page of the forum (it's the structure of the forum mode itself and some people try to take advantage of it).

The purpose of this post, as You understand, was different, so I would kindly ask HansVera to add the ending post to Her/His thread, just because She/He is a new member and She/He deserves to have link to the shop on forum's front page - I wish You somebody will see it and hope this will generate a sale for You.

Once more welcome and good luck.

P.P.S. BTW, would You be kind enough to share with us, has this "identifier_exists - False" worked for Your items?
-
HansVera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtistsUnion wrote:
Off the topic, if You please.

NOTE: this article (link below) is not addressed whatsoever to anybody in particular.
This text and post is dedicated to everybody in general.

"When you learn the art of writing nice things, you can warm people up by being super sweet and understanding ... and still get what you want out of the situation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/apryl-beverly/how-to-write-really-mean-_b_6407462.html

I strongly believe that in many situations it's not what you say, but how you say it.

P.S. I have this rule here on the forum, when the topic's question or theme is comprehensively answered, I try not to add a new post on the end, as sometimes some people obviously do it just to have their shop's link on the first page of the forum (it's the structure of the forum mode itself and some people try to take advantage of it).

The purpose of this post, as You understand, was different, so I would kindly ask HansVera to add the ending post to Her/His thread, just because She/He is a new member and She/He deserves to have link to the shop on forum's front page - I wish You somebody will see it and hope this will generate a sale for You.

Once more welcome and good luck.

P.P.S. BTW, would You be kind enough to share with us, has this "identifier_exists - False" worked for Your items?
-

Adding ending post means to my own thread means I be the one who posts the last in my own thread, right? And thanks for your good wishes. I wish you luck too.Smile

And about "identifier_exists - False", I have not tried it yet. I have been kind of busy with my family today. I am going to make changes tomorrow. I will inform you then.Smile

I read that huffington post. It is knowledgeable. Liked it..Smile Thanks for sharing with us.
HansVera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@artistsunion

I tried Identifier exists and it is not working for me. The damn thing still says "Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan. "
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be, Identifier_exists , with the underscore, then false in the next column.
HansVera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was exactly like that. But it did not seem to work for me. Has it worked for you?
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@artistsunion

I tried Identifier exists and it is not working for me. The damn thing still says "Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan."

Sorry to hear this.

I've noticed that when there is a branded piece or there is only one attribute available and 'identifier exists' is added then it is more often rejected. I can only guess, maybe it's because this attribute is usually used with handmade items or some replacement parts.

I was hoping that maybe somebody with similar items could give You some essential advice.

Here is, what Google states about unique product identifiers, maybe this link can be helpful:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en&ref_topic=6244294

I can only suggest, what I would try, if I had such item:

e.g. "BRANDED RABBIT SKINS Infant short sleeve one-piece onesie baby onesie bodysuit BUTTERFLY HEARTS" http://goo.gl/PAXKnM - here I would:

1. Remove 'onesie' from the title (whether we like it or not, it's - based on trademark issues - forbidden)
2. Change capital letters to lower case (except the first letter of each word)

--> Baby Bodysuit Short Sleeve Infant One-piece Romper Butterfly Hearts 100% Cotton

Try this and add it to the handmade category, so maybe it will be accepted with 'identifier exists/FALSE' - bodysuit is not handmade and You don't claim it in the description, but the application You've made Yourself (like ready canvas+paints and hand painted picture).

I don't know the brand matters, but if You buy straight from Rabbit Skin producer or distributor, then maybe they could help You with the missing code for the item attribute and then it would be Google accepted and You could add full title:

Baby Bodysuit Rabbit Skins Short Sleeve Infant One-piece Romper Butterfly Hearts 100% Cotton Branded

I've found some branded items on eCrater, e.g. here there is an upc number added to the description http://goo.gl/PPleWK
But only the Seller can answer, if and with which attributes this item is Google approved or if it is searchable only in the eCrater marketplace.
-
HansVera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtistsUnion wrote:
Quote:
@artistsunion

brand and upc/ean/jan."

Sorry to hear this.

I've noticed that when there is a branded piece or there is only one attribute available and 'identifier exists' is added then it is more often rejected. I can only guess, maybe it's because this attribute is usually used with handmade items or some replacement parts.

I was hoping that maybe somebody with similar items could give You some essential advice.

Here is, what Google states about unique product identifiers, maybe this link can be helpful:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en&ref_topic=6244294

I can only suggest, what I would try, if I had such item:

e.g. "BRANDED RABBIT SKINS Infant short sleeve one-piece onesie baby onesie bodysuit BUTTERFLY HEARTS" http://goo.gl/PAXKnM - here I would:

1. Remove 'onesie' from the title (whether we like it or not, it's - based on trademark issues - forbidden)
2. Change capital letters to lower case (except the first letter of each word)

--> Baby Bodysuit Short Sleeve Infant One-piece Romper Butterfly Hearts 100% Cotton

Try this and add it to the handmade category, so maybe it will be accepted with 'identifier exists/FALSE' - bodysuit is not handmade and You don't claim it in the description, but the application You've made Yourself (like ready canvas+paints and hand painted picture).

I don't know the brand matters, but if You buy straight from Rabbit Skin producer or distributor, then maybe they could help You with the missing code for the item attribute and then it would be Google accepted and You could add full title:

Baby Bodysuit Rabbit Skins Short Sleeve Infant One-piece Romper Butterfly Hearts 100% Cotton Branded

I've found some branded items on eCrater, e.g. here there is an upc number added to the description http://goo.gl/PPleWK
But only the Seller can answer, if and with which attributes this item is Google approved or if it is searchable only in the eCrater marketplace.
-

I buy from them but they do not provide upc. Upc is generally not provided for most apparels only very big brands like Levis do that. For other brands, upc has to be purchased and I think registered or something.

And this link you gave me says "I sell many products exclusively through my site, and these do not have GTINs. Will these products be disapproved?
No, store brand items and other products for which you are the only merchant generally do not have GTINs. As a result, we won't require GTINs for these products and won't disapprove them. Instead, submit a brand and MPN for these products." (faQ section)

So, these products that I sell legally have no GTIN because they are my own creations and they do not require any Very Happy
I just need to submit MPN number (I think I already know what is MPN of my product) and that's it.Very Happy
My problem seems to be solved!! Hearty thanks to you.<3 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PM ME ANYTIME YOU NEED ME!! Very Happy <3 I really appreciate your efforts.

(text removed by admin)
HansVera

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@artistsunion
I just checked your store, Your paintings are exceptionally beautiful:D I specially loved the flowers one. Have you done all of these yourself? Smile
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are really reading far to much in people posts. If there were people attacking all new sellers on a regular basis, I am sure eCrater would act on that. For the most part, all have been trying to help. Just look for the positive and ignore anything that you feel is bad. Not all of it is how you perceive it.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HansVera wrote:
Yeah, it was exactly like that. But it did not seem to work for me. Has it worked for you?

Adding the identifier_exists FALSE attribute will not remove the red text from the item in the admin tool for the store.

The red text is only a tool to let merchants know the required attributes that are missing.

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: