eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

LukesSportsCardsAndMemorabilia store new to ECrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukesSportsCardsAndMemorabilia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: LukesSportsCardsAndMemorabilia store new to ECrater Reply with quote

Hi. LukesSportsCardsAndMemorabilia is new to ECrater and is ready for business. Hope to see you there!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and to the eCRATER community forums. Would you be interested in comments and suggestions for improving your store?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks a bunch Reply with quote

I am always open to suggestions! Thanks a bunch. I appreciate it.
http://lukessportscardsandmemorabilia.ecrater.com/
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we have had some new sellers take offense to suggestions, I now ask first. I took a quick look at your store and the very first thing I saw that probably needs quick attention is your payment method. You have Cash on Delivery which is a very expensive, risky payment method offered by the USPS. It is the default when you open your store and I don't think you want to offer it considering the products you sell.

It appears you are working your way through your items to increase the size of your photos and improve the description after the upload. Ones you've done look great. Your information about GAF was helpful. You should add that same information to your FAQs in the form of the answer to a question, like Who is Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GAF)? Personally I think the information is helpful on the item page also, but Google Shopping doesn't want "boilerplate" information in the item description. Maybe you can add a sentence or two to make the information more related to the item for sale and less like boilerplate.

Be sure to remove "Free Shipping" from all titles if you want your items accepted into Google Shopping.

I noticed you stated in one place that payment is expected within 3 days. On eCRATER, payment is expected at the time of checkout for electronic payments. If you have enabled inventory control, the item will be removed from sale upon receipt of payment notice from PayPal or Stripe (sometimes can take as long as 15 minutes). Paper payments are not placed on hold until you actually place them on hold. Be sure to add info to your terms as to how long you will hold a check or money order waiting for payment. Until payment is received, or you place the item on hold, it is available for sale.

Categories, you currently have just the one where your items transferred. While it can't be deleted, it can be renamed. I would suggest renaming it to something related to your autographed items and create new categories for your Magazines and other items. Search engines will list your categories in the main search (sometimes) so it's good to make them descriptive. For example, if all your magazines are Collectable Playboy Magazines that would be a better title than just Magazines.

Your autographed items would all have the Google attribute of identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. No other attribute would be needed for those.

Others may have more suggestions, but that will get you started.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Be sure to add info to your terms as to how long you will hold a check or money order waiting for payment. Until payment is received, or you place the item on hold, it is available for sale.

Welcome, just adding on to what Sheila said. You also need to let a buyer know how long you are willing to wait for a MO to arrive. For the US about 10 would be my limit. Don't know if you have sold internationally or plan on it, but some banks like in my neck of the woods charge big fees for cashing a foreign MO, so you need to know your situation at your bank and plan accordingly.

I had so many people in the UK click on buy it and then indicated that they would send a MO, so I had to explain that I couldn't cash them. At that point I never heard from them again. Not even a simple ok cancel my order or can I use PP? or anything of that sort. The problem is I could never figure out a way to allow MO for those in the US without MO showing for international so I just took it down as a payment option.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the details and information it is appreciated Reply with quote

Thank both of you very much for your help ! I really appreciate all of the advice and pointers!
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and best wishes for successful sales! Cool
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME to eCRATER, Luke!
Much success. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: