eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does ecrater have a mobile app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joystarr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Does ecrater have a mobile app Reply with quote

Does ecrater have a mobile app can you make it be able to send a text every time I list a item make it be able to sell my items. Do we have this if not can you make one. Everyone has a phone and make the app free for users
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone has a phone

I have a phone but it can't use apps - it is a land line. When talking to a Verison man one day he said lots of folks still have landlines and no cell phones.

Since I don't have a cell phone, I'm trying to wrap my brain around what you want. You want to be able to send a text when you list something? Send a text to whom? How is your phone going to help you sell things as you list them? Do you plan on sending texts to everyone you know each time you list something and any potential buyers? I know my son with a smart phone gets ticked off when people he doesn't know or businesses send him texts as he has to pay for them. For those that have to pay for each text they get or however it works, I could see you ending up with a lot of disgruntled non-buyers since you are making them pay for your advertising. But as I said I may not be understanding what you are trying to do. I do know that somewhere along the way ecrater has made the site able for buyers to shop from their phones I believe.

There is a thread here on the forum called Suggestions where you can post what you would like ecrater to change or add. They do pay attention but with a small crew and budget they usually go for the more important stuff (in their eyes) first. And some of that stuff is stuff we never see like making sure the site is compliant with all of google's rule changes on what seems like a daily basis.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think eCRATER has a mobile app. The subject came up a while back and I've never seen an announcement of one being added.

Moonwishes, if you have an app to a site you can do most everything from a smart phone as you can from a computer. I really can't figure out where you live that people still pay for text messages. I've had cells for years and my pretty basic plans have always included unlimited texting worldwide. When texting first came out, long after cell phones did, people had to pay for texts. That didn't last long at least in Canada because people were having to pay for spam sent to their numbers.

Maybe you have to pay for texts if you have a pay as you go or disposable phone.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a smart phone or any kind of cell phone, but my son does and he still gets charged somehow for texts and gets grumpy when someone is wasting his whatever it is called when they send him sales advertisements. He is on a very tight budget. We live in the armpit of the US in some ways.

I actually think it is rude of businesses to send ads to peoples phones just like they try and sell you stuff over the phone, or like when fax machines were all the thing and businesses would fax ads (especially 6 page menus) to businesses who would then have to pay for the paper and the toner to print them and there was no way to stop them. I have never understood why companies think they can take advantage of something WE pay for whether our phone or cell and use them at our expense to send ads to us especially if we have never indicated we want anything from them. I also feel the same way about politicians getting to go around the do not call laws by making the rules in their favor. I'm finally at the point that if the phone rings I can tell whether or not I can get to it before the machine picks up and I don't walk fast at all. I would hate to think I rush to answer the phone, fall and break a hip just because someone wants me to vote for them. Wouldn't that make the headlines "Women breaks hip trying to answer phone call from -fill in your least favorite politician's name!

This is obviously my personal opinion. The only app I want is the one for CVS since I practically live there Laughing
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2014 when eCRATER introduced the current mobile friendly marketplace there was some discussion of a mobile app, but to my knowledge one has never been introduced. Since that time, we were given the choice to use the mobile friendly templates in our stores. Most recently our admin was changed to a mobile friendly format and we were given the option to use the original version if we preferred that version.

@ Maggie, I don't know anyone that has unlimited text messages.

@ Joystarr, everyone I know has a phone also, but not everyone has a cell phone. Everyone who has a cell phone doesn't have a smart phone. I've had a cell phone for almost 20 years, but I've only had a smart phone for less than a year. I don't understand why you would want to get a text every time you list an item. It's right in your admin after you list the item.

I just took a look at your store and you are still using one of the older templates. You might want to consider using one of the newer mobile friendly templates that will look more like the eCRATER marketplace. (I'm not talking about the templates that cost a fee, just the newer mobile friendly templates.)
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila I'm in my third year with a smart phone and my second provider and both plans which were the least expensive that included a small amount of data had unlimited texting.

I don't get spam texts on either phone. A couple of spam calls that were easy to ignore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: