eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Weird emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Weird emails Reply with quote

So I've been getting emails, about one every other month:
The "sender" is always different but the phrase of the question is always very similar, too similar to be coincidental. It goes something like this (I've removed obvious identifying info about the sender):

Re: ROXY Girls S Two Faced Halter Dress Black White Pink Geometric Print Kids New
Store: Shaelily

Buyer: R--------

Hello, What material is the ROXY Girls S Two Faced Halter Dress made out of? And what's the best way to care for it?

Thank you, R-------

(email address)

(ip address)

They always ask what the material is (which is already posted in the listing description) and the care/washing instructions. This is the second email I've received about this specific dress and the previous email said it was from a different buyer/email address but the wording of the question was almost the same. Upon further research today I noticed that all of these emails are from the same IP address, registered somewhere in Utah. The sender never buys anything. What could possibly be the purpose of this? Is anyone else receiving a pattern of such strange emails?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheer boredom? I don't know why some folks do the things they do like wanting questions answered that are already spelled out in the listing. Rolling Eyes
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Weird emails Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
What could possibly be the purpose of this? Is anyone else receiving a pattern of such strange emails?
I think all of us have had the strange "Ask Seller" questions. Sometimes a buyer will have a mental problem and simply not remember they already sent that question. Sometimes the buyer gave the wrong email address so they never received your reply. Some buyers switch phones (their only internet access) and they don't realize they sent the question before. Sometimes they are fishing for your email address so they can sell it. In other words, hard to explain why the public does some of the strange things they do. I always just answer and move on. I feel it's impolite to not reply, but I don't expect a sell. That way I'm pleasantly surprised when I get a reply back from the person and even more pleased when I get the order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: