eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The tracking of Product "hit"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: The tracking of Product "hit" Reply with quote

Could anyone help me with the "hit"problem:

From the product page, I can see that there is a "hit" number in front of each Item. So is there anyway to see where is the "hit" from? and If I improve the product information by editing it, will it be counted one "hit"?

Many thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hit is a page view. There is no guarantee that it was a human, or a bot. Certain search engine crawlers are theoretically being suppressed from that number, but anything is possible. I think someone once mentioned that some social media sites (pinterest ?) were also causing the hit number to climb.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to be able to see some of the 'hits' in Google analytics. Now they have hidden themselves, I think Sheila knows how to find it, and I haven't been back for a long time. It showed with search engine or website sent the view, how long they were on the page, etc.

I do know that when I promote my items to Pinterest. G+, etc. the hit count goes up by about 15 in less than a minute. Definitely bots! I did run into one of my sold out items that is 'on hold' and it has a tremendous amounts of hits each month and that is because it ha gone mini-viral on Pinterest. The numbers don't match though of repins to hits because our hit counter resets at the beginning of each month.

Whether tweaking your listing causes another hit I don't know.
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: @cosmicray Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

One interesting thing I heard from several India SEO companies is that
they can help clients bring a lot of traffic to the websites per day as long as the client pays a small amount of money. and they guarantee the visitors are real people. Have you ever heard this kind of story before?

Btw, you are selling Lego toys here, which is very cool. to be frankly,The Lego toys are sold a little bit of more expensive in China than the U.S.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the product page, I can see that there is a "hit" number in front of each Item. So is there anyway to see where is the "hit" from? and If I improve the product information by editing it, will it be counted one "hit"?

Your "hit" counter increases every time you look at the page from the customer's viewpoint. Making changes in your admin doesn't change the hit count. As Moon mentioned, the hits will reset on the first of the month. I believe that reset takes place as of Pacific Time, so you would need to make an mental adjustment for the time of reset in your time zone. There is no way to see the source of the hits.

Since we can not add html to our stores, we can not add site counters. We can use Google Analytics, but you would need to have the ability to access Google in order to use that service.

I would question the quality of the traffic provided by the Indian SEO company. They may be able to bring lots of traffic, but if the traffic isn't interested in purchasing your product I would think you are throwing away your money. I would think you would do better buying ads with major search engines.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: