eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google attributes :upc/ean/jan.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Google attributes :upc/ean/jan. Reply with quote

Good Morning.

Is it okay to list a product which doesn't come with a UPC/EAN/JAN number here? and If the manufacturer doesn't provide the number,
how can I get one?

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy them online for extremely cheap
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can use the "identifier_exists false", which I think would be the better choice and what eCrater told us to do.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
you can buy them online for extremely cheap

But, in all honesty, that defeats the whole reason that GS wants them. GS wants the GTIN so that they can correlate the identical item from multiple sellers. If each seller buys a GTIN, then it's no better than it was when no one had one.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some don't bother to buy ones and just make them up out of thin air which leaves some of us trying to list against items that Google or other venues already thinks is a widget for a space ship instead of what it really is.

I have heard that Amazon is clamping down on purchased UPC as well, so better not to even get in the habit at this point.

Please use the idetifier_exists:false instead. eCREATER doesn't itself insist on the UPC, that is solely Google doing that. So while some items without a UPC may not be seen as readily on line, they will be right there in your store and on the eCRATER MP.
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Thank you for your answer Reply with quote

Hi All.

Thank you so much for your answers.

I will use "identifier_exists false" for now. So does it mean I just leave
the google disapproval alone? Thanks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you do everything to the best of your ability and do the identifier exists thing when you don't have a upc, yeah you can ignore the disapproval things at that point.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I have heard that Amazon is clamping down on purchased UPC as well, so better not to even get in the habit at this point.

How on earth can they both suggest you get one, and then refuse it after you do so ? IMHO, AMZN should buy a large block of GTIN, then self-assign them, and go thru all the misery of making sure that they don't assign more than one for a given product. LEGO assigns both a UPC and a EAN to most all their product offerings.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you for your answer Reply with quote

Robotictoy123 wrote:
Hi All.

Thank you so much for your answers.

I will use "identifier_exists false" for now. So does it mean I just leave
the google disapproval alone? Thanks.
Excellent choice! As far as the Google disapproval, remember this was a disapproval for Google Shopping not the regular Google Search.

The notice of disapproval may take a few weeks to clear. After you've make the change, it will be re-submitted on the feed to Google. Google will review and send notice back to eCRATER, then eCRATER will update the info in your admin. Google doesn't always work quickly. Give it time after you've added the "identifier_exists false".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is shocking to see what people are doing with purchased urls on Amazon! I've seen gobs sellers than list a block of 20,000+ items with prices that are 5-10 times over the normal selling price AND they list all their stuff in the wrong category as well. The UPCs that they are listing under were not even needed as the product itself many times has clearly shown UPCs. I once mentioned somewhere on here I had seen boxes of crayons for sale in the $20+ price range listed under car GPS systems With a UPC from who knows where, but I know I haven't seen a box of crayons in years without a clearly printed UPC on the box. So there was no need to 'buy' a number other than not wanting to list 'their product" with the other identical products. If you get one suspended, another one comes along and relists everything all over again with more purchased upc. My belief is that they don't have a single one of the products and are planning on drop shipping the order from another seller and pocketing all that extra money for basically doing nothing and never had to invest a penny in inventory!

Every time I run into them, when at all possible, I turn them in and then then they end up having to compete against regular sellers with their much lower prices. I don't even try to turn them in ebacuse of the price since on Amazon you can charge whatever you feel like. I turn them in for listing in the wrong category which Amazon fixes pronto!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: