eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New seller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettsmags

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: New seller Reply with quote

My name is Brett and I am a new seller here on ecrater. I am offering vintage magazines for right now as I have a back room full . I have alot of RPG magazines and alot of premiere issues.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Brett.
I have a suggestion. Your titles should be more informative. That it is a magazine, the date of issue, premiere issue, etc. As well for your non exclusive issues a brief idea of the articles and features in that issue. People looking for back issues of magazines are often interested in specific content.

Your premiere issues should give a bit more info about the magazine. Is it still in existence, published a few times and closed? Is it for children? Age? etc.
brettsmags

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for the advice. I am very new to online selling and appreciate your time advising me. Thank you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Maggie does have some good suggestions. I highly encourage them. May I make one?

Certainly if you want to take money orders that is fine, unless you are going to take them from your potential international customers. Some banks charge hefty fees to cash foreign MO. I found it was easier to not have the MO option and if a customer wanted to send one they can ask. I haven't gotten one in years. Part of your concern about taking PP seems to be with the fees involved. Since PP fees are based on both selling price and shipping cost, you may want to use first class or media mail for your paperbacks at half the cost for flat rate Priority. The customer would be more willing to buy with the lower shipping price and you pay a bit less in fees. The magazines can go via first class or Priority depending on their weight. You can also increase your price a bit to cover the cost of fees.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. Since you are new to online selling, let me make a couple of suggestions. First, click on the preview button from your admin page (or click on the www button below one of your own forum posts) to go to your store as a customer. From your home page, click on Categories and select Vintage Magazines. Just above your photos is a link that says "view: gallery | list" and you should select list. Once the page is rearranged, put your hand over the photos and just look at the titles. Can you tell what is for sale? This is information that the internet search engines are going to use to find your item, plus this is the information that is used if a customer comes to the marketplace and does a serach. The first one I see listed has this title, "Video Games Player". Are you really selling a video games player? Male or Female? Age? : LOL : Just teasing, but I couldn't resist. The description actually makes a better title, "Video Games Player Magazine Premiere Issue #1 Fall 1982".

Your description area should include information about both the condition of the magazine and the contents of the magazine. As far as condition, you should mention anything that would make it less than pristine new condition since you are asking a good price. Your photos should show the edges. You've cropped the photo where the edge is not shown. That makes me wonder is there is a reason you don't want me to see the edge. A photo of the back is extremely important. Think about what you would want to see if you were in a store and could handle the magazine. Now show that in the photos. Sometimes it is helpful to show photos of the Table of Contents page, maybe some photos from inside the magazine. Now this may be a bit much for a cheaper magazine, but not if you want a person to invest $70.00 in a magazine. Did someone write an article or review in this issue that later went on to become famous in the gaming world? If you were talking to another collector, what would you want them to know about your magazine? That's good copy for your description.

I took a quick look at your Paperbacks. You need to mention the author, the publisher, if a First Edition it should be mentioned. If the book is part of a series, what number book is this in the series. Again, most people want to see a photo of the back of the book. Also are there any marks on the page edges?

There is lots of information here in the forum plus sellers who are willing to help. Again, welcome to online selling and to eCrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is lots of information here in the forum plus sellers who are willing to help. Again, welcome to online selling and to eCrater.

We want all sellers to be successful as that makes eCRATER successful. The more successful we are the more successful eCRATER is. Which Is why we are willing to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: