eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP!! WITH SHIP CALCULATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vogueMarket

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: HELP!! WITH SHIP CALCULATION Reply with quote

i am stumped! how do i calculate ship rates? i just dont get it...i need to set some USA rates as "free" and then rates for international. i dont even know how its giving ship-rates or "IF" it is.... help!!! thanks in advanced !! Cool Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, (I think you are new.)

Until you have figured out your shipping, you need to think about putting your store on hold until you have taken care of a few things. I only use the matrix and I doubt if it would work for your type of goods for shipping prices. But right now, as I'm sure you realize, your customers are given a choice of shipping costs and as buyers generally will do, they will pick the cheapest price and by ecrater's rules you have to ship for that. Hopefully someone will come along and help you with the shipping. I don't understand why your need for free shipping. Someone somehow pays for the shipping so it really isn't free.

You also have items in wrong categories. Such as some of your pills in the jewelry category.

Your titles and listings make pretty much no sense whatsoever as the descriptions are so run together, with words and sentences run together it is hard to read plus little weird characters showing up. You need to set up a template of some kind for listing these items with one, the title of the item, next line amount in mg/ounces/etc., next line size of the item ie. #pills in bottle, next line what is the ingredient list, next line what are these things supposed to do??? next line have your items been certified by the FDA? Where are they made? And continue listing clearly in sentences that make sense and aren't run together.

You also seem to be claiming benefits for items that you can't claim such as one diabetes medicine I saw (which I know you are aware of since you wrote it into one of your descriptions for another med). I'm an nurse and your rah rah rah cheerleader style of telling about these products might get you a sale (assuming they can read their way through the big run on paragraph that makes up the description), but you are making claims that no medicine approved by the government can say at this time. You use a lot of words to describe symptoms and cures that were never in my medical dictionary, so I doubt they are really real or perhaps made up by whoever destributes these items to you or are used for marketing reasons. Yes, I guess I'm dumping on you, but as an nurse people as patients are still my priority and if I see something that will cause a patient to stumble and potentionaly harm themselves medically, then I will speak up. By calmly and consistently listing your descriptions the same way and in a readable manner will help make it much easier for any customer to understand what they are buying.

Not only am I an nurse, I am also a 4 year college graduate and have probably read more than just about anyone on this forum, I tried to read your titles which made no sense and no one would really know what they are buying as you are trying to jam too many keywords into the title at the expense of forgetting to say what is being sold, you descriptions are almost impossible to read. They need fixed. You may have listed things like this on other sites, but on ecrater you have to work harder for sales and that means doing everything you can to have clear easy to read listings that a buyer can understand.
vogueMarket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: need help with ship rates calculations Reply with quote

hi! and thanks for your reply..
but NO! we are not new, do not need help with titles, labels, description nor categories. everything is under control and fine. help JUST SETTING SHIP RATES. and YES! there is sucha-thing as 'FREE' shipping which we use in extreme successfully for 10 years. so thanks, but we ONLY need help to "SET" ship rate, nothing else. i do not understand how it works on here, if anyone could please help..we thank you very much. Smile Confused
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only meant new to eCRATER seeing as you are having difficulty with the shipping it is hard to think that you have been here on eCRATER for a great amount of time. Therefore the welcome and also some suggestions for a successful store here on eCRATER. You can certainly run your store your own way.

I obviously am of no help to you, since I can't see you using the Matrix. Someone else will have to help.
vogueMarket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i simply asked help with ship rate system ONLY. ... NOT 'new' because i do not understand it and not needing help with anything else. and yes, running my store the way we want ,,(like you and everyone else). .. welcoming persons wanting to help with my question (is the reason for post).
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vogueMarket, there are many different ways to set the shipping rates on eCrater. First, there are 3 different systems for shipping, USPS calculated shipping, weight matrix and flat rate per item. The weight matrix and the flat rate systems can be used together depending on the seller. The USPS calculated shipping is a store-wide setting that overrides the other two systems. When you open a store on eCrater, the USPS calculated shipping is active. If you do not want to use the calculated shipping, it must be un-selected in your admin. In your admin, go to Account > Options and look for "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping instead" and remove the check in the box.

You said in your original post that, "i need to set some USA rates as "free" and then rates for international". I really need to know a little more about what you are wanting to do.

For your domestic shipping:
Do you want the item page to say "Free Shipping" for the items that include the shipping cost?
Are you going to want to use USPS calculated shipping for some items in the USA?

If having Free Shipping stated on the item page is more important than USPS Calculated shipping as an overall option for your store, then you need to pass on the USPS Calculated shipping for your domestic shipping. For the items that are not free shipping, you'll need to list the shipping cost for each each item on each item page OR use the weight matrix.

Do you want to use the USPS Calculated shipping for your international orders?
If yes, then you'll need to go to Accounts > Options and select the type of International Shipping you want to offer. You must remember that all your International choices will be offered to the international customer for every item. For example, you would not want to select an international envelope when you sell some items in jars. Your customer will usually select the method based on price, not reality so don't select a method you can't use for every item.

If you want to use USPS Calculated for international but not for domestic, then just don't select a domestic shipping method.

If you don't use USPS Calculated shipping for your domestic shipping you can select "Free Shipping to the United States" (Keep in mind that will include Hawaii and Alaska.) You will then be able to add the shipping to each page that needs shipping or you could use the weight matrix.

As you can see, there is no simple easy answer to your question. The shipping systems are very flexible and sellers are able to design many different systems. Each seller needs to give a lot of thought to how they plan to ship all their items. Then they need to create a system within the options available to acheive their goal.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: