eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Two questions about adding products
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy, I think you are right. We are just so using those spots we don't really even notice them when we use them! That is why I hate it when they change things. What was a year or so ago, they moved the edit button or something. I wasted so much time having to correct myself before I got used to things.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine why those fonts are hard to read. I am using the second to largest...
Chrome is a reference to one of the eras of postcard production. Yes a collector would know exactly what it means.
I don't see how I would use that search to find something. Where would I go at a later date to access it?
YES that stuff is in the admin area. Definitely.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormsPlace wrote:
I can't imagine why those fonts are hard to read. I am using the second to largest...
They are jarring because everything on the forum is the same font except your posts which are in much larger font. It's much easier to read if you don't change the basic font. If you don't select a font, the system shows your post in the basic font. Save the bold, italic, and colors for cases where you really need something to stand out from the other words you have written.

I used the search yesterday to quickly locate the listing for an item I sold. I simply put the word creamer in the search box and had two returns. It's a lot easier to select the correct listing from a choice of 2 compared to trying to scan a list of everything in my store.

@Moon, a postcard collector knows exactly what is meant by chrome and would expect it to be mentioned. It both describes the card and helps with dating.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Moon, a postcard collector knows exactly what is meant by chrome and would expect it to be mentioned. It both describes the card and helps with dating.

I figured that was the case. I would have liked to seen at least a small explanation of it however. I would think that not everyone buying a postcard does it because they collect them per se, but perhaps collect ephemera related to say the Timex watches. So where they may know nothing about postcards but alot about Timex they may also wonder what the word chrome refers to especially not that Google uses that word extensively.

I see that in a lot in listings of items that are sold for collectors mostly. Abbreviations and words with no explanation of what they refer to, etc. as if anyone that looks at the listing should know so the seller isn't going to bother with anything a non-collector might not know. I found a box of postcards at a yard sale once I thought they were fascinating, especially the ones from my town. I know nothing about postcards other than they used to be so cheap many were given away by motels, etc. as advertisements. Anyhow, if I had nothing better to do with my time, I probably would have jumped right in collecting more of them! I wouldn't have had a clue about all the important stuff to know. Kind of like stamp collecting. It grabs you and won't let go.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see how I would use that search to find something. Where would I go at a later date to access it?

Where to go to access it? Hmm, well every time you open your admin page (the page that opens when you sign into your store for dealing with listing new items, dealing with orders, anything you will want to do in your store), you click on products and there it is.

If you don't want to use your search function ever, that is certainly up to you. I have over 8000 listings and so I need to use it frequently. Rarely if ever have I searched by prices, but I'm sure others use that. No one will make you use your search functions, that is up to you. It is a convenience to most of us however.

I have a great deal of difficulty reading huge fonts which makes me a perfect wife for my husband with bad eyes that can only read jumbo fonts. However, people with eye problems like him know how to increase font sizes on their computer if necessary, but the rest of us don't need them in a general give and take on the forum.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: