eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Everybody! I'm new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beckalar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Hello Everybody! I'm new here Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm from doreyfinds. I sell dinnerware, glassware, ceramics and cookware. Tell me what you think of doreyfinds so far. Best regards!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dorey.

I would suggest before you get too many more items listed that you set up categories for your items other than the "My Products" category.
beckalar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks MoonwishesStore! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will setup the categories for the my products category.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dorey.
I suggest you resize your photos and add extras. Right now you only have breakables but most people show the back stamps on dinnerware and other angles. As is, your photos do not enlarge so leave people in the dark. And I don't think Google shopping will pick up your items if the photos are that small.

You have nice items and otherwise your store is well done.
beckalar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: MaggietheCatsMeows Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words. May I ask what size the pictures should be?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. You have some great items and I wish you the best of luck with your sales.

DOREYFINDS wrote:
... May I ask what size the pictures should be?
When it comes to photos, there are several things to consider. You need to know what eCrater requires and allows, what does Google Shopping request, what does the customer require/want and what do you want to do in your store.

First would be eCRATER rules. On eCrater you can't use a logo image or a general generic image for the first photo on your item if that item is active. (Some sellers may use a Sold Sign for the first image IF the item is hidden.)As far as I remember that is the only "required" photo rule on eCRATER. It is recommended that our photos be at least 800 px on one side for good placement in eCrater marketplace searches. If a customer searches for a XYZ Plate in the marketplace and you have the only one on eCrater then they will see yours. However, if there are 30 items returned and 29 have large photos, yours will be shown in the 30th location.

Now, Google Shopping has it's own requirements. Our items are submitted to Google Shopping, but it is our job to make sure our items comply with their rules or they won't show our items. Here's a link to information on Google Shopping https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494. When you get there look for "image link" and click on the down arrow for the information. They recommend the photos be at least 800px on both sides. Here's their section on photo sizes:
Google Shopping > Products Feed Specification wrote:
Image size:

* Submit the largest, highest resolution, full-size image you have for the product, up to 16MB file size.

* Recommended image size is at least 800 x 800 pixels in height and width.

* For apparel products, images must be at least 250 x 250 pixels and can't be larger than 64 megapixels. For all other products, images must be at least 100 x 100 pixels and can't be larger than 64 megapixels.

* Do not scale up images or submit thumbnails. We recommend the product to take no less than 75%, but not more than 90%, of the full image
You'll also want to read their secion on other requirements and recommendations.

We can add up to 10 photos per listing. Since a customer can't touch or handle our items, they expect to see photos of all sides and photos of any information they would look for if they could hold the item. They want to see the underside to judge wear and to see the back stamp. If you say something has "few tiny chips", show a photo of the the chips so the customer can decide if they agree with you that the chips are tiny. If you are selling a canister, what does it look like inside with the lid removed.

Titles are extremely important. The search on eCrater is by title only. We are allowed 100 characters so use words a customer would want to use to find your items. Here's a suggestion I make often because it is extremely important, write your title and descriptions as if there are no photos or categories and show your photos as if there is no title or description. To check your titles, open your store as a customer (just click on the www button below one of your posts or click on preview from your admin). Click on any item, then scroll down and click the link to View All at the end of "Other Products from storename". Just above the gallery of photos are some choices and the 4 square button is highlighted. Hover with your mouse over the buttons and you'll see they are gallery view and list view. Click on the button for the list view. (This is only a temporary change for you while you are in the store.) Now cover the photos and see if the title says enough to tempt a customer to look at the item. How many pieces are in the canister set? Is it metal, cermanic, or glass? Here's a questionable title, "Canister Set". Here's a much better title, "Vintage 1960s Heavy Amber Glass Bubbled Ribbed Canister Set with Cork Top", but you still only used 73 characters. You could easily add the words "3 pieces" to the title and still have room for more information.
beckalar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Sheiladeespostcards Reply with quote

Hi Sheila! Appreciate you taking the time to answer me. I will follow up on the recommendations you made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: