eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My items not showing in Google Search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: My items not showing in Google Search Reply with quote

I did google searches for each of my items. Nothing returned.
This is what I get for feed status: Feed Status Preview
Account status: Active
Feed's last updated: September 10, 2016 14:07:03
Feed's processing status: none
Items processed: 0
Items inserted: 0
Could some kind person look at my stuff and tell me what is wrong?
I don't understand the "attributes'. All of my merchandise is old stuff with no numbers...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 5 items it will be very easy for search engines to miss you. You really need to have more items listed.

As for Google attributes you need to have some or Google won't pick you up. For vintage items use in the left column:

identifier_exists

and in the right column:
false

Do not leave any space at the beginning of the rows.

Other attributes you can use in the left column are
product_type postcard or whatever on the right side
feature diner interior or cigarette machine ad or whatever
material card stock, linen, or whatever
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am adding items daily. I have started to use the google attributes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the attributes, and the ones Google cares about, you will not be seen in Google Shopping. There are plenty of threads here on Google attributes and you should read the most recent ones first.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the "all purpose" attributes. My stuff is all older with no numbers. I found the attributes I am using in the later forum posts.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you at least using brands as available, Postcard numbers as the MPN, and identifier_exists:false for those with no brand, MPN or UPC/ISBN?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would if I knew where and how to enter such numbers. It seems like you have to enter attributes EXACTLY right.
I found a listing of "google's categories " that cover everything. I would enter those if I had a clue how.
THIS:Google_Product_Taxonomy_Version
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you do have to enter attributes exactly right and as I mentioned, there are many threads that cover attributes and how to do them exactly right.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many Google Attributes listed on the Google Shopping help pages that wouldn't be entered in your eCrater store. In your admin, click on Products, pick an item you've already listed and click on the G button to the right of the title. You'll see the Google Attributes page which has a table to enter your Google Attributes. Look to the right of the title Attribute Value to a circle with a ? and click on the question mark. This page lists all the Google Attributes that are currently supported by eCrater. If the attribute is not listed on this page, it will not be on the feed using the value you submit. Some Google Attributes are submitted by eCrater that are not on this list because eCrater adds them based on the categories we select with we list our item.

Maggie mentioned product_type and feature which are not supported by eCrater. The attribute of product_type is submitted for us by eCrater based on the global category and sub category you select when you list an item. The attribute feature was deleted by Google Shopping several years ago.

For postcards and your photographs, you only need the one attribute identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Unless your posters are new and have a brand name, they will also only need the one attribute.

I noticed you are using a watermark on your photos. Google Shopping does not allow watermarks. If those items are accepted in Google Shopping, they may be removed when Google Shopping realizes there are watermarks. Do you have to remove the watermarks? Not to list and sell on eCrater, it isn't against eCrater rules. Your items will also be picked up you search engines, but be prepared to have them omitted by Google Shopping.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't watermark drag racing photos, they can and will be stolen and put on the web or copied and sold.
I will have to decide how important Google Shopping will be to that kind of material.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormsPlace wrote:
If I don't watermark drag racing photos, they can and will be stolen and put on the web or copied and sold.
I will have to decide how important Google Shopping will be to that kind of material.

Lots of us wonder how important Google shopping is for success. They love to make us jump through hoops and as soon as you learn how to jump through one hoop they change hoop sizes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the point where about half my sales come in from other sites than GS so I don't kill myself trying to do the attributes, but I do what I can when I can. I still have thousands of listings to add the UPC to.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do Google searches, I NEVER get ecrater results. Ebay and other sites, no ecrater.
What are the "other sites" you find sales coming from??
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you sell something on eCRATER, on your order page it will show you where your order came from. One of ten sources: Marketplace, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Bing, Pinterest, direct, other, maybe Twitter. Those places are where I got half of my sales lately. The google orders are non-google shopping and non-marketplace ones.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: