eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Using Pinterest to promote ecrater items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Using Pinterest to promote ecrater items Reply with quote

I see Pinterest is one of the destination under social.
Is there a way to link ecrater items in a regular Pinterest account?
Can someone give me some advice on using Pinterest?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you join pinterest you can set up your boards anyway you want. Looking at your store categories you might make boards for post cards, historical memorabilia, sports memorabilia and toys and hobbies. Everytime you list something, pin the listing to the board for that category. That is what I do.
In addition, You can join some of the group boards and post your listings on them. First you email the original creator of the group board and ask them to send you an invitation to the board. Once you have accepted the invitation you may post to their board.
Here are some good Ecrater boards:
https://www.pinterest.com/bookooguru/what-is-ecrater-see-here/
https://www.pinterest.com/jewelrymandave/my-favorite-online-retailers/
https://www.pinterest.com/wheretothistime/fabulous-ecrater-sellers-and-items/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm, Pinterest is a great place to promote your items! Two out of four of my last ecrater orders came in via Pinterest.

When I sell something because of the nature of what I sell (sewing Patterns) the pattern number may be used more than one time as the big pattern makers repeat their numbers every 7-10 years and the different companies may all use the same numbers. All that to explain that when I sell something, I check all other listings that have that number and tweak them to be sure boilerplate is gone, the listing is set up correctly (for how I do it now), the UPC and other Google attributes are correct, etc. THEN I go through that list of numbers and G+ each of them and Pin at least one copy of each to Pinterest (I don't pin each size to Pinterest however I do G+ each size). I also Pin to one of the boards that Lastade has given me permission to pin to of hers. I may at times then promote a pattern via Facebook. In our stores, all of your listings have a FB, G+, PIN button to use.

I try to list something new everyday. I also sheck for other patterns with that same number and tweak them as above, but I don't promote an item untill the next day so that the photo with the listings has become permanent.

What I do is apparently working as only about half of my sales have been through the Marketplace this year, the rest through other sources which means no fee and even more, it means that you have reached places that the Marketplace won't.

With Pinterest you will want to have more boards than just what you are selling. You will want boards of things you find fascinating, things you find interesting, things you find funny or sad, etc. It depends on you, but if all you use it for is showing your store stuff you won't get the 'eyes' that you need to sell. I was picking up new followers at a very fast clip for a while and now it has really slowed down in response to me being too tired to pin the things I find of interest as my times hasn't been my own this year - it has been a tiring and stressful year. Hoping soon to get back into my regular groove. Very Happy But I have over 21000 followers on Pinterest. One board alone has over 15000 followers and except for a few embroidery kits I have listed on that board, it is just full of ideas and projects for embroidery, something I am very interested in. That is what you want. Followers to see what you pin that you like and they will also see what you list in your store. Have fun.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I list say a postcard. I can pin that postcard. Can I list the url to its place on ecrater in the pin?
When I click on the items in the boards posted, I don't go to the sale. Is that possible?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pinterest button on Ecrater seemed to take me to facebook.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just how do followers buy? Do they have to go to ecrater and do a search?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may go to facebook because you don't have an account set up at Pinterest.
When I click on the the Pinterest button a box from pinterest shows up on my page. Inside the box is the picture of your item and a list of your boards. There is also a place under the picture where you will see your title which you have the option of editing. You click on the board that you wish this listing to go onto within your list of boards. When people click on your postcard board and see a postcard they like they can click on it and it will take them back to your store listing. There if they want to, they can buy it. Here is a link to my Ecrater sewing patterns board. Moonwishes, I and a few others here pin our patterns to it. Click on one and you will see it goes back to our store.

https://www.pinterest.com/lastade/sewing-patterns-from-ecrater-sellers/

Last edited by lastade-designs on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicking on any pin in Pinterest is supposed to take the viewer back to the original url of the pin, so if you pinned a postcard from your store to Pinterest, then clicking on the Pin should take you or anyone else back to your listing for THAT item.

The Pinterest button shouldn't take you to FB. Are you sure the page is fully loaded before you click on the Pin button? If not you may get waylaid.

If a viewer likes the pin and is interested in buying it, they will click on the pin and it will bring them back to your store and to the very item they are looking at and if they want to buy they can. Some bigger retailers can use Shopify to sell directly through Pinterest, but currently we here can not.

Be sure that you are pinning from YOUR store, NOT a listing from the marketplace. You don't want the viewer to come back to a listing and then see inventory from other sellers who might profit from your promotional efforts.

I think I answered your questions for now. As always take it slow. If you don't already have a Pinterest page or you just started it for this, I would start it with more personal boards for now, let others of us see it, understand how Pinterest works and hopefully pick up a few followers before you dump all your products into Pinterest. There is no problem taking an extended amount of time to list products as it will give you something new to promote daily. You don't want people coming to your board to think the only reason you have one is to sell to them, the same goes for FB.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One quick heads up to NormsPlace. When you first list an item on eCrater, the picture is in a temporary location. You want to wait until it is in it's permanent location before you post a link to the item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I did mention that but it might have gotten lost because I write so much. I could never work for Reader's Digest Condensed books! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: