eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I'm Located in Canada

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PEIsocks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: I'm Located in Canada Reply with quote

Can Canadian based shops add a shop to eCrater? Can I offer Free Shipping within Canada & to the USA? I noticed United Kingdom and Austrailian shops are allowed. Are Canadians welcome, too? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Faye Goode
Alberton, Prince Edward Island, Canada
PEIsocks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you ship to all 50 states, you are more then welcome here. We have sellers from all over the world.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in BC and have been here almost from the beginning of eCRATER. I don't know what you plan to sell but if it is heavier than a trading card you might want to rethink free shipping. Shipping within Canada is very expensive. Shipping across the border is a lot more costly than shipping within the US. If shipping is included in the item price you will be paying commission on it as you pay the commission on the item price.

You have to ship to all 50 states. All other countries are optional and you can pick and choose. When you open a store you can choose to also open mirror stores for Australia and the UK. All you do is agree to it and eCRATER does the rest.

**I just checked your store name and noticed you are selling P E I Socks, I had read it as petsocks before. Really check Canada Post for shipping weights, especially the thickness requirement. It will cost you $15-16CA to ship one pair of socks to Toronto and $6-8CA to the USA because while not heavy, they will be thicker than what is allowed to ship as a large envelope. You'll be paying package rate in Canada and light packet rate to the US and abroad. Canada Post is merciless when it comes to thickness of the package.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While located in the states, and I'm happy to take advantage of free shipping when possible, small businesses, don't really have the resources IMHO to be 'giving' free shipping. It isn't free as someone is paying for it. Although at one point we did have a seller that insisted he paid not a penny for shipping as he just dropped his packages off at the PO where dear old dad worked and let him do the shipping. He never did admit if dad was using his own funds to mail the stuff or was shipping illegally. Anyhow, I think that as long as your shipping costs are fair as is your product prices, people are willing to pay the shipping. I know big company use 'free shipping' and places like ebay encourage sellers to do so, but really can you compare your sales to say just LL Bean's sock sales and their free shipping? They have the income coming in to help cover it while we don't.

I always though PIE would be a nice place to visit. Pictures I've seen are so pretty, but then I love Canada!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

I always though PIE would be a nice place to visit. Pictures I've seen are so pretty, but then I love Canada!

I've never been there either and would love to visit. I have been to Ile d'Orleans in Quebec and I'd move there in a flea's breath. They seem sort of similar in Geography.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really ticked me off when I read someone comment earlier on another website that free shipping should be the new "norm". As if we can get a special agreement with the post office to "give" us free shipping. Not everyone's as big as China, Amazon or eBay but I guess they didn't think about that one Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've never been there either and would love to visit. I have been to Ile d'Orleans in Quebec and I'd move there in a flea's breath. They seem sort of similar in Geography.

I've only gotten as far east in Canada to Toronto, a lovely city with roads I would never want to drive on. We went to the zoo and I was in my wheelchair for the day and we were amazed at how a handicapped/disabled person was treated. I got in half price and hubby as my w/c pucher got in free as my helper! Apparently they do the same thing with train and plane tickets! At least then.

I have gotten to western BC as well as one summer during college worked as a camp counselor in Revelstoke BC, a 20 minute barge ride to the camp, no telephones, just a ham radio, but absolutely gorgeous. It was there a little camper came up to me and asked if I was American. When I said yes, she asked in all seriousness if I knew that my president had resigned! That was how I heard about NIxon and am now showing my age some more. But that was how disconnected fromt he rest of the world at this camp. beautiful. I love Canada! I would move there in a flash myself.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It really ticked me off when I read someone comment earlier on another website that free shipping should be the new "norm". As if we can get a special agreement with the post office to "give" us free shipping. Not everyone's as big as China, Amazon or eBay but I guess they didn't think about that one Rolling Eyes

Until a venue starts paying for my shipping, I plan on charging for it, no matter how much they want us all giving it. There is hardly anything free in life anymore.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: