eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No ecrater items on google

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: No ecrater items on google Reply with quote

I never see any of my items on google. All of my items have been accepted.
The bad thing, I never see any ecrater items. NONE.
Ebay and other sites, no ecrater. What is going on???
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a Google search for Pharmacy interior postcard Babis Pharmacy. On page one, first listing was your postcard in your store (not the marketplace) and your photo was the first image listed in Google images. When I checked Google Shopping, your item was listed.

Google Shopping depends on the feed done by eCrater. Google Images and Google organic search is based on Google searching your item page and adding the item to their index. I've read that it can take several weeks for an item to be indexed in Google. Don't know if that's true, but I do know that it isn't quick. Google works according to their own schedule. I searched for your pharmacy postcard because I knew it was one of your first items listed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inputting a search of Lunchcounter postcard (with lunch counter apparently being spelled wrong Embarassed ) I was able to find yours although I did have to click to see more sellers on the left of the page on Google Shopping and your name came up and so did one of your post cards on the shopping page, so you are being shown.

I did notice a problem when inputting pharmacy postcard as Vistaprint has those two keywords sewn up.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.
A couple of questions.
I know how to look at Google. How do I look at Google Shopping? What is Google Shopping.
How does Vistaprint have pharmacy "sewn up" as a keyword? Do entitoes own key words?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you really consider Lunch Counter two words a misspelling of Lunhcounter?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post...
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping (GS) is a special feature of Google showing just items for sale. Once upon a time it was free. Originally it was call Froogle, then Product Base, then Google Shopping. After many years, they decided it should be a money center so they started charging to have your items listed there. Currently Google Shopping only charges the merchant (or market place) if someone clicks on a link. You must agree to pay something for each "click to see the item on the sending site". How Google Shopping shows your item as compared to other items that match the search request depends on how much you are willing to pay per click compared to the amount others are willing to pay. Here on eCrater, a feed is submitted to GS for us 3 times per week. The links in Google Shopping for our items go directly to the marketplace. We only pay when a customer purchases an item they found on the marketplace. (FYI, eCrater also pays for ads through Google adchoice which may be shown anywhere on the web plus other ways they advertise our items. All those ads also lead to the marketplace.) Personally, I've found Google Shopping less and less helpful for finding unique items on the web, because usually only the larger stores and marketplaces can afford to pay to be listed. However, it is a really quick way to see what's listed on all the major marketplaces except Amazon which doesn't send a feed to Google Shopping.

How do I look at Google Shopping?
From the home page of Google after your search results are presented, look between the search box and the search results. There is a row of links like All Images Shopping Maps Videos and More. This was the list today, but Google sometimes changes what they display and what is listed in the dropdown box under More. If you click on Shopping, you are taken to Google Shopping. Sometimes your search will show an insert into the listings of a row of boxes with pictures and prices that says, "Shop for YourSearchTerm on Google" This is an active link that will take you to Google Shopping.

How does Vistaprint have pharmacy "sewn up" as a keyword? Do entitoes own key words?
No one "owns" a keyword, but they may be willing to pay more than others for ads when that keyword is requested in a search. Also, when you are searching in Google, they track every search you do and what you looked at when you search. That data is accessed by Google based on a "cookie" they place on your computer, plus info they may have based on your login. The search results you see are "somewhat" influenced by what Google knows you have looked for in the past. I seldom see the "slanted results" because I NEVER stay logged into Google. After I've done whatever required me to log in, I log out before doing anything else. I also delete all Google cookies every few days. (I probably still miss some, but I delete most.) When I did a search for lunch counter postcard I didn't see a single ad or listing for Vistaprint. When I changed the search to lunchcounter postcard, I was shown one ad for Vistaprint. It appears from the search results (totally unofficial) that the terms lunch counter and lunchcounter are both used, but it appears the 2 word spelling is preferred.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest answer first. My computer spellcheck told me that lunch counter was incorrect as one word. Whether or not that is true I have no idea and it doesn't really matter as many people don't know how to spell what they are looking for. I don't even know how you spelled it. I personally am a horrible speller with dyslexia to boot. I can spell just about anything wrong. LOL!

Do a google search for pharmacy postcard and you will see more Vista print ads than you can shake a stick at. I can only assume that Vista pays google big bucks to to help them advertise and get good placements. One of the big problems I have with google these days is those who pay the most get the better placement. Google is no longer just a search engine.

If you 'google' something, when you get to the result screen, at the top of the page you will see the word shopping. Click on that and that is where the ecrater attributes and uploads go to. Also another sign that google is no longer a strictly search engine as you don't show up on Google shopping unless you pay for placement there and ecrater does. If you don't want to pay for marketplace/google shopping exposure then you won't show up on shopping. Frankly, I had never even heard of google shopping until I started selling here nor do I use it now to help with shopping since I know many results are missing (not everyone knows that).

Anyhow, to get a better placement on google (what we refer to as organic as opposed to shopping) you have to write good titles, good describptions AND G+ your goods to promote them as well as pinning them, etc. It also takes time to get premium exposure as search engines are much more likely to return results for sites that have had some staying power.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the information.
What does G+ mean?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to learn about Google+ would be to do a search on Google asking the question What is Google+ and you'll get lots of answers from lots of different sources. I'm sure Moon will be along today and she can explain how she uses it to promote her eCrater store.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when they first started this under a different name. My impression is it is not real popular. Perhaps someone here that uses it will comment.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G+ is some sort of social media that Google has. Kind of a combo Pinterest and facebook or sorts. You can have circles of friends. When I first tried it out, I ended up with a photographer that posted gorgeous nature pictures, etc. You can hold conversations with the people in your 'circle'. Sheila is right that doing a search and studying it will help you to understand it better. I use it for one purpose only and that is to get an extra listing on the Google organic pages. As part of my promoting a new or a newly tweaked listing, I pin the listing to usually 2 if not more of my Pinterest boards and then click the G+ button. My hardest problem is at this point as it is hard, at least for me to keep the pop up box open. Once I have it steady, in the comments I will write something along the line of See more at www.MoonwishesSewing andCrafts.com and then click share. This means that anyone using google can see that if they input the correct keywords. Keywords being in the case of a pattern whatever words are in my titles.

I don't clear my cookies like Sheila does, so I know when I look for my results in Google, my G+ post usually comes up way before any organic search for the very same thing and since I sell in my US store plus my UK and AUS stores, technically their should be at least three different organic listings for the same thing but when searching to see if I can find one of my items, if I go past 3-5 pages I quit looking since I doubt anyone else will be willing to look further than that. So hopefully someone looking for what I have for sale might trip over the G+ post quicker than anything else. I realize that this is a fuzzy explanation, but when someone clicks on one of them they get taken to MY store NOT the marketplace. So when I get orders via store Google, that is where I suspect most of them come from.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: