eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

About Google Products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: About Google Products Reply with quote

My question... Can anyone tell me why ecrater store products cannot be found in google product listings?

I was under the impression that each stores individual products were automatically submitted once approved which is the purpose for attributes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A feed is submitted to Google Shopping by eCrater of the items we list in our stores. The links in Google Shopping are directed to our items as they appear on the eCrater Marketplace. Once a feed is submitted to Google Shopping, some items (or ecrater stores) may be disapproved for listing in Google Shopping. There are a number of reasons why an item (or an entire eCrater store) may be disapproved by Google Shopping. You can contact eCrater directly from the contact link on the home page of eCrater. You might also want to review all the information provided by Google Shopping regarding what they do and don't accept.

My first impression of your store made me think you are using one or more drop shippers for your inventory. There are some drop shipping networks that are not allowed on eCrater, but for the most part it's fine to use a drop shipping method for your eCrater store. However, Google Shopping requires that the products you sell need to be "available for purchase through your store". They go on to say, "Specifically on Google Shopping, you can't promote Products fulfilled through a drop-ship consolidator". Maybe this is why your products are not shown in Google Shopping. Here's a link to the page on Google Shopping where I found the information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6363310?visit_id=0-636111139600591406-710597714&rd=1
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply,

First off.. I have only 1 dropping supplier. next of all I am not sure how ecrater does there automatic submissions but I have read they have more than 65,000 stores being listed both in there marketplace and google products. my store is not the only one. I have spent 2 days not just looking in general for my products but any ecrater store.
There is only 1 ecrater store listing out of more than 65,000 stores on google products. this is very self evident a huge problem.

The only products that I wouldn't see would be disapproved products naturally.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you are selling, how flooded the market is with your items, how many items like it are on eCRATER compared to other selling platforms, how much money eCRATER is paying Google compared to what the other sites are paying.

We only pay eCRATER a small commission when something sells via the marketplace. Other sites charge listing fees or monthly fees and whatever else they can dream up. I would assume from that that eCRATER doesn't pay very much for our items to appear on Google Shopping.

As a point of reference I just did two pretty general searches on GS. The first I found nothing from eCRATER in the first 4 pages. The second of the first 7 items on page one, 4 were mine.

If you can't find eCRATER items in GS, blame it on Google, not eCRATER.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just did a Google Shopping search for "Stylish Skull Luggage Trio" and your item is listed on Google Shopping. Google Shopping grouped it with others that probably have the same brand, mpn and upc. The title of the group Google Shopping picked is "Zingz & Thingz Jolly Roger Skull 3 Piece Luggage Set, Black" and it's grouped with 37 others. Your item is shown as being available at "eCrater - adelowokansboutique". Seller's have NO KNOWN control for how our items are presented in Google Shopping.

I have no idea how you were searching for ecrater stores on Google Shopping but if you were looking at items like the one I picked where there are over 50 dealers selling the same item, then you are going to have to look at the groupings to see the sellers. I don't know where you saw the number 65,000 stores on eCrater, but I believe that estimate is low. Try searching for an item that is used or more limited availability and you will see the stores without the grouping.

Google Shopping would like to see one page for brand ABC, model XYZ, upc xxxxxxxxxx that lists everyone on the web selling that item that paid to be in Google Shopping. It would be a comparison page with no individual photos or descriptions, just a single title, description and photo. They have a long way to go to get there and there are many sellers who think it's a really bad idea, but it's their playground and their rules.

The few sellers that I know that have disapproved items or disapproved stores know the reasons for the disapprovals. They have either chosen to leave their items out of GS or they are working to change the conditions that caused the disapproval.

In looking at your store, the fact that you charge sales tax in so many states also lead me to believe all your inventory was dropped shipped. Normally only a very large company will have a presence in a multiple states where they are required to collect state sales tax. Unless you are licensed in each of those states to collect sales tax, you are not allowed to collect sales tax from the customer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you can't find eCRATER items in GS, blame it on Google, not eCRATER.

And if you don't do your google attributes, you will most likely never see your stuff in GS. I just checked your "Broadway Shoulder Bag" on google and found one other ecrater seller with one for sale, but not yours. I didn't see any listing for you in the first 5 pages of the regular google search. I don't know how long you have been here or when you started listing your inventory, but it can take some time to be seen in Google shopping and the organic google results. They aren't going to give a brand new seller first place listing with them, unless you are willing to fork out big money to advertise them. So if you only listed these things a few days ago, I'm not surprised that they aren't showing up yet.

You will also have to remember that here on ecrater it is very important to promote your store yourself. Other than the feed to Google and I think Bing, nothing else is done to promote you. You can't depend on Google Shopping to bring in your customers.

Also, a thought, you are allowed 100 characters in your titles. That is some of your most valuable real estate as on ecrater your titles are the only thing that brings up results on eCRATER's Marketplace from a search and also some other search engines. Your Broadway bag is only 21 characters so 79 characters are going to waste.

One thing I am puzzled about, is after reading your home page and your about us page, I was expecting to find some nifty Caribbean goods, not stuff that is imported from all over the world. Perhaps that is some of your future plans.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have a 1% sales tax for Oregon? We have no sales tax here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically according to an internet source, Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon don't have a sales tax yet they have a 1% sales tax listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: