eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PLEASE HELP! IN TEARS OVER GOOGLE'S NEW ATTRIBUTE RULES
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jewelrylove

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP! IN TEARS OVER GOOGLE'S NEW ATTRIBUTE RULES Reply with quote

Hello. I need some help, please. I have been in tears trying to figure this all out and am pulling my hair out!

When I sign in now, I see the following:

"855 products are disapproved from Google and not listed in Google Shopping. You are losing traffic!"

I sell jewelry on ecrater, mainly rings, but obviously not on this ecrater account I am writing from.

I have the same rings listed in many sizes, and have always had each size listed separately in my title's.

In the attributes, I always add attribute name, Size, and for value I put in 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

With other items (bracelets, for example), in the attributes for size, it looks as if google is not accepting small medium large for the value, any longer. So now, I can only use one?

NONE of my items have a brand nor a upc, so what do I do?

Do I still add brand and upc and put in n/a? Or do I add identifier_exists and FALSE, instead. If I add identifier_exists, will that be replacing, brand or upc, or one, or neither?

If an item has no brand or upc, what do I add or not add, is what I'm needing to know the most.

Also, the delay in letting us know if we did it right is a pain!

How are we suppose to get caught up if we don't know, for possibly days, which were fixed correctly and which weren't?

What a mess!

Thanks in adavance for any help with this!
Terri
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have separate listings for each size of something, then the attribute for that size is the only one you should use on that page. For example if the listing is for a small bracelet, you would not put small, medium, large in the attributes. You would only put small. Same with rings.

It would be helpful if you would have written in on your actual store name that you are having problems with so we could see your listings to be sure we are actually helping.

If you don't have a UPC then you can use the identifier exists thing.

If it will make you feel any better, I have over 7000 items that still need fixed. Up to this change, I had one magazine that I had decided after several attempts to not rip my hair out for it as I lose enough hair as it is. So far out of 8000 listings I have managed to get the UPC inserted into almost 700 items so we have a very long way to go. But I decided I wasn't going to kill myself to get these things all sorted out due to the UPC. I will tweak the listings as I come to them. I think I got 40-50 done today. Probably by about the time I'm done, there will be some silly new rule. Rolling Eyes
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe for the size attribute value you put s, m, l, etc (not small, medium, large) unless they changed it again

So, for example, for size just put s for small.
You may only use one size at this time which is causing a problem for many of us Mad
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my own designs, I use the attribute brand then my design name LaStade Designs. For handmade items use the indentifier_exists false.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one-of-a-kind items.

I use the "identifier_exists / FALSE" option and in size box I write "small", "medium", "large" or sometimes straight the dimensions, e.g. "20x16 inches" or "16x12in.".

Until now I've added 194 paintings and all listings are Google approved.

I'm very glad to see this on eCrater, because I've moved my items here from another site, where some of my listings - with the same attributes - for some unknown reason have been disapproved from Google.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, you put identifier_exists in the first column and false in the second.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Terri, you should join the discussion on the eCRATER sellers only forum on the topic Google quality.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=36643
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terri, use identifier exists_ false and don't put in UPC etc in the attribute space as you have nothing to enter in the value space.

for size of bracelets I use
Length if it is a bracelet with a clasp and then the length in inches in the value space. ex: length / 8 inches If you use centimeters enter that instead.

If it is a bangle I use diameter. Google rejects a lot of my items but never for length or diameter.

Small, medium, large when it comes to jewelry are relative terms. You should give actual measurements. Same with clothing
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Handmade Product Won't Take Identifier_Exists Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
For my own designs, I use the attribute brand then my design name LaStade Designs. For handmade items use the indentifier_exists false.

Don't know why for my Celebration Stationery Set it won't take identifier_exists: false. When I add upc: false, the red warning statement goes away. All of my products are handmade.

Note Cards Tags Cupcake Toppers Handmade Celebration Set http://papereuphoria.ecrater.com/p/25413651/note-cards-tags-cupcake-toppers

I started adding upc: false to my other listings, because that's what I read in the G Attributes guidelines, but when I read about identifier_exists: false here, I started adding it. Just don't understand what the issue is with that Note Cards Tags Cupcake Toppers set. Question
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Handmade Product Won't Take Identifier_Exists Reply with quote

papereuphoria wrote:
lastade-designs wrote:

Don't know why for my Celebration Stationery Set it won't take identifier_exists: false. When I add upc: false, the red warning statement goes away. All of my products are handmade.

Note Cards Tags Cupcake Toppers Handmade Celebration Set http://papereuphoria.ecrater.com/p/25413651/note-cards-tags-cupcake-toppers

I started adding upc: false to my other listings, because that's what I read in the G Attributes guidelines, but when I read about identifier_exists: false here, I started adding it. Just don't understand what the issue is with that Note Cards Tags Cupcake Toppers set. Question

I think I found out what it may be after following SheilaDee's link to the other discussion: @Terri, you should join the discussion on the eCRATER sellers only forum on the topic Google quality.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=36643

I've been adding my own handmade brand: ________ to the attributes just to add more. Maybe when I take this out my disapprovals will be corrected. One of the posts at that thread said that whenever you use a brand or mpn(?), a upc had to be added.
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Handmade Product Won't Take Identifier_Exists Reply with quote

papereuphoria wrote:
lastade-designs wrote:

Ok, I took out everything from the Note Cards Celebration set except identifier_exists: false. It is giving me this red msg:

Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan.

I had started adding as many attributes as possible to my handmade products, because the Attributes guidelines page said the more you can add the better chance of good G Shopping placement. So I have been adding at least 6-8. Brand may be causing a problem, but why when all is removed except identifier_exists: false is it asking me to add more attributes?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an extra space in the way you wrote here in your question, identifier_exists: false it should be identifier_exists:false no spaces When checking my listings to answer, I found the same thing on one of mine, so thanks. Very Happy
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not add attributes that are made up or not valid. This will only cause your items to be disapproved. The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER tool to show you the attributes that are required for that type of product. The quantity of attributes does not matter for listing in Google shopping, adding the attributes correctly does.

If your items do not have the required attributes, you add the identifier_exists FALSE attribute once per product.

em
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
You have an extra space in the way you wrote here in your question, identifier_exists: false it should be identifier_exists:false no spaces When checking my listings to answer, I found the same thing on one of mine, so thanks. Very Happy

No spaces. I've been adding the attributes to the form, not in the listing. I use the attributes tab in my listing, so no spaces to make. The space was just in this forum post. Thanks.
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
Do not add attributes that are made up or not valid. This will only cause your items to be disapproved. The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER tool to show you the attributes that are required for that type of product. The quantity of attributes does not matter for listing in Google shopping, adding the attributes correctly does.

If your items do not have the required attributes, you add the identifier_exists FALSE attribute once per product.

em

The colors of my products, the dimensions, the materials, the features, etc., are not made up attributes. Are you saying that for handmades sellers Google does not give us the right to add these descriptions as attributes? Just trying to understand, because sharing the colors of my products helps customers who are seeking that.

I removed all of the attributes from the Note Cards Cupcake Toppers listing, added identifier_exists FALSE only, and the G Attributes window of the product listings is asking me for brand, ean/upc/gtin info, as I shared above.

I know I've shared a lot, but I'll see what happens now, after 24 hrs has passed. Thanks for your help.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: