eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Greetings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I just joined ecrater so I thought I'd say hi. I'm a little nervous about trying online selling again.

I tried online selling once before and really enjoyed it for a few years. I had a nice little store on another site with a 100% feedback score that I had maintained from the beginning and everything was coasting along nicely until one day I had three trolls attack my store simultaneously with fraudulent claims and attempts at extortion. I had all the picture and message evidence that the claims were false, went to their customer support... and they threw me under the bus LOL. I was so upset I closed my store and stopped selling online for a few years. Awful experience Sad

So here I am, thinking about trying again. I'm a little stressed out doing this, but I hurt my back and I don't know if I'll be able to back to work so... well, I can't just sit around. I gotta do something, right?

I like crafts, and I like the holidays, so I thought, why don't I open a holiday craft store? I hope it makes sense.

Happily married with kids. Live in the country. I like 4x4's, guns, beer, Jesus, bluegrass, and computers. I'm not watching the election because I hate 'em both. I like to listen to music when I'm working.

Mmm... I can't think of anything else. I hope I'll make a friend or two while I give this a try.

Hank
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: More About Me Reply with quote

A little more about me...

I just tasted a hard grape cider I started maybe 10 days ago, and it's not too bad. This is the first year I've ever done grape, but I've done apple before and I have an apple batch brewing in fact. I'm filtering some of it right now. Next year I want to try pears and maybe even try brewing an IPA. Fun hobby.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hank,
Holiday crafts sounds like a good niche.
Welcome to Ecrater!
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Hello Hank,
Holiday crafts sounds like a good niche.
Welcome to Ecrater!

thanks for the reply. I'm almost ready to start fiddling with my store. I've been doing some updating on my computer. what do you sell?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check any posters store by clicking on the www button near the bottom of the post. I hope you have many sales.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, hope you do well. Back problems are nothing to laugh about!
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
You can check any posters store by clicking on the www button near the bottom of the post. I hope you have many sales.

that's a cool feature. thanks fur the tip.
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Welcome, hope you do well. Back problems are nothing to laugh about!

thanks fir the welcome. no back stuff isn't my favorite lol.

general:
So I Said I was updating my computer, then I'd start fiddling with my store... so I was updating some C libraries and... i broke Glib. dang it... back to the drawing board lol
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I fixed it. i backed up Glib to version glibc-2.10.1, which is older, but stable. okay, now to go forward instead of backward Smile
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again everyone. I've been fiddling with my store, so I guess anyone interested in giving me some pointers can take a peak. I haven't listed anything yet... just getting it set up.

Input?

Thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you might want to flesh out your About Us and Terms page a bit. You might want to check out what other sellers have done to get an idea of what all you might want to include. Also you need some sort of text greeting n your home page. You might want to think about how you want to be perceived as a professional business person running a store or a laid back hobby seller which your current About us page looks like.
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well you might want to flesh out your About Us and Terms page a bit. You might want to check out what other sellers have done to get an idea of what all you might want to include. Also you need some sort of text greeting n your home page. You might want to think about how you want to be perceived as a professional business person running a store or a laid back hobby seller which your current About us page looks like.

Thanks for responding. I will take a look art those things. Question, do you think the laid back approach is negative? Are people less likely to buy?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not positive on that, but I try to portray a more professional approach. You know you've hit it somehow when someone emails you and when your response isn't what they want to hear ask to speak to your supervisor! Excuse me while I change hats.

The thing is, our customers can shop anywhere that they want to and they might feel more comfortable with a site that throws off a professional air than one that sounds and looks like someone got inspired after a few too many on Saturday night and opened a store and then forgot all about it. Not saying that is the case for you.

Also as a holiday store, don't forget how fast Christmas is approaching. You need to gear up if you want to catch holiday sales this year, unless you do ALL holidays year round. If you are selling decorations as opposed to gifts, I would suspect your store is already in its best selling time up to about the 1st week of December. Gifts can go for longer. Because of what I sell, December is one of my worst months. I know this and accept this. But that shouldn't be the case for a holiday store.
HolidayHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonwishesstore,

Gotcha. I've been looking at what others do as you suggested.

Yes, Christmas is coming quick. Crafts is long term but I actually have a lot of items ready to go, so I think I can list quickly and get going. I just wanted to chat with folks before I got on it. I plan to hit all the hollidays all year round, and if something doesn't move... it's ready to go next year Smile I'm just going to keep building and adding to... and any decent holiday is a good excuse to decorate at least here in my house Smile so... I guess that's my thinking... all holidays all the time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've gotten to the point that if we get our little table top tree up and stocking hung, we are doing good! I used to decorate, but at this point somedays it takes every bit of energy to get through the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: