eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HTML

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOMGAR41

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: HTML Reply with quote

HOW DO I USE HTML IN DESCRIPTION TO HAVE IT LOOK PORFESSIONAL?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and to the eCRATER community. It isn't necessary to post your question more than once.

HTML is not allowed on eCRATER. I would strongly suggest you read the Terms of Service and the the FAQs available from the home page of the eCRATER Marketplace. In the first section related to selling it is stated,
Quote:
Can I use HTML or other coding in my eCRATER store?
The eCRATER platform currently does not include this feature.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if HTML with make your store look PORFESSIONAL, but I do have some suggestions since you can't use HTML and you don't really need it to sell stuff on eCRATER.

1. Get rid of those lines that are all caps. That is the internet equivalent of shouting to someone, AND very difficult to read.

2. Use proper punctuation.

3. Be sure to fill in your About US, Terms, and Contact info pages. Write a welcome for your home page and instead of just another coin photo, post your logo with store name where it belongs.

4. Be sure to use as many of the 100 characters allowed in the title as possible so that the keywords will attract buyers. when searching eCRATER, a buyer when they input a keyword with only get results back from titles that contain the word.

5. Your description is supposed to be a description of what you are selling. None of your descriptions are descriptions of the different coins. They are what is called boilerplate and not approved of by Google. What you are saying there belongs on your terms page or your contact page, etc.

5. You can not by eCRATER rules charge a person more that the listed/quoted price for the purchase and postage, so there is no way for you to add in a $3.95 service charge for them using a credit card. Since it appear you are taking credit cards, can we assume that is via Stripe? Any electronic payment other than PP or Stripe is not allowed on eCRATER and you can not ask someone to use a different means to pay electronically.

6. Not sure if your return charges are in line with eCRATER policies either. Such as the $1.00 (minimum) relisting fee, especially since there is no listing fee in the first place. Perhaps you meant a restocking fee which is a bit different? Also not giving a full refund due to prices fluctuations you should check with eCRATER about that.

I realize that you asked about how to use HTML so that your listing can look professional. Since you can't use HTML, I have tried to point out to you some other ways to make your store look professional. Take the advice or leave it, just trying to help.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to what Moonwishes has said and it is not about html either.

http://tomgar41.ecrater.com/p/25553766/1915s-buffalo-nickels-saves-about-4000 This listing does not say how many nickels are in the lot.

You also have not filled in your front page, your about, terms or contact pages. All these things help when you are selling items for fair amounts of money. Google does not like having this info on your listing pages and it may interfere with your visibility on Google shopping.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez i can just see this guy plastering massive, obnoxious, rainbow text all over his listings if HTML was allowed.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TOMGAR41

Stop wasting your time worrying about HTML !

Go fill out your FAQ, About, Terms, & Contact info. That will make you look more professional right there.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
geez i can just see this guy plastering massive, obnoxious, rainbow text all over his listings if HTML was allowed.

You don't know that. Maybe he just wants to use bold or italics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: