eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Looking for christmas gifts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orientalantiqueshop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Looking for christmas gifts? Reply with quote

How about oriental jewelry box for your mother of girlfriend?
Im currently chipping handcraft mother of pearl jewelry box to all over the world free shipping wherever you are.

please have a look.

http://orientalantiqueshop.ecrater.com/p/25688369/oriental-mother-of-pearl-jewelry-box
Very Happy [/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have lovely items in your shop, but I found the name of your shop extremely misleading.

An antique is generally assumed to be at least 100 years of age. I realize the term is used to describe items as new as 40 or 50 years of age, but one can NEVER extend the definition to items that are newly made. They may be made using antique methods, they may be handcrafted BUT they are never antiques until they have aged many decades.

The name of your store says you are selling oriental antiques. Your store is actually selling new handcrafted items.
orientalantiqueshop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Thank you so much for your reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much Sheila for your kind reply
I understand your saying. Yes that is true. We are using our antique methods for thirty years which is regenerated for 800 years in Korean history.
And yes they are new products in present methods so thanks to your advice, I will change all the item names to antiques to handcraft.
Thanks again.

Sad I can not change the name. I will keep work on that. we deal with the actual antique stuffs too.

In the mean while will treat new products which is easier to handle for international shipping.

By the way really thank you for your replies. The comments you have written in many other places are really helping me a lot.
I admire your effort you've done so far as well. How was it possible to post 3000 items .
I will try harder. Thank you again.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many ideas on helping your store, but only if you want to hear them.

One thing that you absolutely need to do is take out the information about your business card boxes from your mirror's descriptions otherwise a customer may think that they should be getting the business card holder as well and they would most likely be correct.
orientalantiqueshop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your kindness.
Sure that is a bigbig mistake of mine.

Would you please tell me more advice for me?
I AM SO SORRY TAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME also thank you for giving me advice.

Took two whole day taking photo of my products and uploading on ecrater.com not knowing if im doing right . Crying or Very sad starting to think i don't even know what i am doing wrong.

Please give me a favor.
Thank you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@oriental - Don't beat yourself up about mistakes. Learn from them and move on.

I NEVER mind helping or giving advice to someone that wants it so that they can have a better store here. The more good store's and seller's on eCRATER, the more business ALL of us have.

You need to have you About Us, Terms, and Contact pages filled in. That is the stuff that you seem to have put at the bottom of the listings that I looked at. Google doesn't like seeing 'boilerplate' which that is. It is information that is not specific to the item itself, but to your store in general such as payment and refund policies (which should be in terms) as well as the information about why you are selling these items. Look at other seller's About Us, Terms, and Contact pages to see how they did id to give yourself ideas.

You should only have the descriptions of your product in the description area and that means describing IN FULL what is up for sale. While your descriptions seem to be long, in reality once you take away the stuff that doesn't belong, you are left with one line that is almost the same, if not the same, as your title. For instance:
Quote:
oriental mother of pearl lacquered pretty long hand mirror crystal cubic

How big is this mirror? I know you have some sizes way down on the description following the business card information so it is impossible to know what the measurements are for. You didn't mention it had a floral design on it. You didn't mention that both sides of the handle were lacquered with the floral design as well. Is that little pink bag at the end of the box a bag to hold the mirror when not in use? If not, what is it? You don't mention that it comes in a custom box ideal for gifts. Any historical information that is specifically about the design should be under the actual most necessary information in the description such as the size, etc. Also you have the word cubic in the titles and description of many of these mirrors. Cubic what? Cubic zirconia? Cubic feet? Cubic crystal - which doesn't compute in English.

The steps to making these designs and lacquer should be on your About US page and you can refer any buyer to that page to learn more about the process.

I have spent the last 55 years reading and writing English and I still make mistakes in spelling and I admire those of you that try to run and English language store with English as a second language. That being said, you need to run all your titles and descriptions, any written text, through and English spell/grammar check product. You have many spelling errors and weird sentence construction that is distracting for whoever might be reading it.

Also you have too many carriage returns (I'm too old and only remember the typing words for this) and too many spaces between lines, also distracting at least to me.

Oh yes, and before you get much further in listing, I would suggest that you restructure your categories as they are way too specific which makes it hard to add products without adding another specific category. I would do this for instance:

Category: Mirrors
Subcategory: Cosmetic Mirrors
Subcategory: Mirrors with Handles
Subcategory: Wall Mirrors

Category: Business Card Holders
Subcategory: Lacquered Holders
Subcategory: Metallic Holders

Category: Jewelry Boxes
Subcategory: Lacquered Jewelry Boxes
Subcategory: Leather Jewelry Boxes

I know that you don't have all those categories, but wanted you to see that doing a simple category, with subcategories that are a bit more specific allows much greater leeway when adding new products and you can add as many Categories and subcategories under them as you like. If you want an example go see mine! Not saying mine is perfect, only an example of dividing out categories into ways that a person that does needlework is accustomed to looking for them. My sewing pattern categories are basically the same as a sewing pattern catalog at the fabric store - so easy to understand.

One last small thing. Your title on eCRATER acts as the search words in the eCRATER marketplace. So ALL the words in it should be a keyword if at all possible that someone would search for. So unless you can not think of any other keyword to describe your product, don't use words like pretty, gorgeous, lovely, etc. in the titles. No one would do a search in eCRATER or the big search engines like Google for the word 'pretty'. Besides pretty, lovely, gorgeous, etc. is in the eyes of the beholder. Let your customers make that distinction for you. And your items are very pretty, but it would be far better to use a word that can be searched for. As long as the titles makes sense, it doesn't have to be in sentence structure.

By the way to find any poster's store here, just click on the www button under their post.

Hope this is of help to you before you have a couple of thousands listings.
orientalantiqueshop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Moon
I can't thank more... Crying or Very sad
I read your kind answer thoroughly and saved your text as a file to read it again and again.
Thank you so much I will modify as much as I can based on what you taught me.
You kindly helped me so much.
I will never forget this big help you gave me.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome.

If you click on the 'Profile' button under a writers post here on the forum, you can see a link to all their posts. Sheila for instance has lots of good information on the computer end of things plus many other insights, so as you have time, check things like that out.

Many like to tell people that it is fast and easy to sell on line. That is a lie. It takes a lot of hard work, including research on the best ways to do things.

Always glad to help, just ask.
orientalantiqueshop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your warm kind lesson.
I will look you and Sheila's profile thoroughly.
Wish best to you.
seewhatifound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@orientalantiques :You have lovely items! I am fairly new to this site, but I have some advice from a shopper's viewpoint. I would like to see more detail on the long handled mirror designs, like you have on cosmetic mirror b6. You mention each design has meaning, what do they mean? Gift boxed, storage bag included (or not)? Clean up the text of the process so that it is easier to view/read - that is a great selling point for anything hand made. Maybe mention that they are made today to be handed down tomorrow. Besides b6 or whatever number, maybe put the main color or butterfly or rooster or geometric design in the titles. That, along with a close-up of the designs will make it easier to find the exact piece I want. I apologize for the jumble of ideas, I hope you understand my meaning. Good luck to you!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriental.... has not updated their shop since Nov 13, 2016. No sign of a sale either.
seewhatifound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a victim of a zombie thread!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@seewhatifound, your advice was good, but when the topic is older be sure to note the last update for the store in question. It amazes me the number of people who will open a store, then never go back to add new items or update the items in their store. When you look at any eCrater store there will be a date on the lower left of every page in the store that states, "Last Updated: " and then gives the date and time the owner was active in their store. If the owner hasn't been to their store in months, you're wasting your time replying in the forum. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is really sad is they go to the trouble to ask for help, we give it and from the day after they haven't touched their store and no changes have been made. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: