eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does eCrater make their money?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wireJewelryCreations

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: How does eCrater make their money? Reply with quote

I am just naturally a skeptic I guess. I keep looking for the catch because I have never gotten anything for nothing... This site is wonderful and setting up a nice professional looking store was so easy. Where is the advertising? Where are the annoying popups? Is this a beta test?
There must be a catch somewhere...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: NOT SURE BUT I VERY HAPPY WITH ECRATER Reply with quote

Hi, I can not see how ecrater makes money for the owner Dima, but I can not see any catch and many sellers have been here a long time. I hope it stays this way and I, and I hope you are happy to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. May it last for a very long time!

Cheers to Dima. Budma, Your Good Health from Ukraine.
msbeadgal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if I understand correctly, they have 2 packages available where you can pay to have X amount of items featured, which will show on the home page, or to have items featured at the top of item search results. These are limited as I understand it, and you need to commit to a certain period of time.
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make money from paypal and soon will make money from google when google starts charging fees. Both payment companies offer kickbacks for bringing in new customers. In addition, eCrater is receiving many hits each hour and over time will make this site a highly profitable venture if sold.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater.com does NOT make any money from PayPal. No idea why you think that.

They make money from the sellers that use ecrater.com home page to advertise and those sellers that buy top of the category advertising.

They also make money from Google Adsense ads that are place ONLY on some affilitate ecrater.com items.

ecrater.com has stated that they will remain free to sellers.
ecrater.com is NOT in beta testing. I have been here since March 2005 and it has always been free and will remain free.

It's been suggested that ecrater.com start to charge but they refuse to do that. It's also been suggested that they accept donations and they don't do that either.

There are no pop-ups --- thank heavens!
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BargainBarn wrote:
They make money from paypal and soon will make money from google when google starts charging fees. Both payment companies offer kickbacks for bringing in new customers. In addition, eCrater is receiving many hits each hour and over time will make this site a highly profitable venture if sold.

Urban legends

Nothing more

SB
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
ecrater.com does NOT make any money from PayPal. No idea why you think that.

It's simple....If someone new comes here to sell and they do not have a paypal account and click the link in "Payment Options" for Paypal to open a new account, then eCrater gets a kickback. Check their paypal link web address: "https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=2EK47EULF3UVE" This a code which identifies ecrater sending paypal new business. Anyone who has a website can do this.

Last time I checked, it was at least $50 for new sign-ups.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New accounts - MAYBE
But you made it sound as if they get a kickback on every sale that uses PayPal. That just isn't true.
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
New accounts - MAYBE
But you made it sound as if they get a kickback on every sale that uses PayPal. That just isn't true.

I think most folks here are intellegent enough to know what assume means. Judging by the questions of newcomers here on eCrater, I'm sure there are numerous folks selling online for the first time and therefore, new to Paypal and Google as well.

Kickbacks from Paypal are far more profitable than most think they are. At least $5,000 for every 100 newcomers.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching to find where you are getting this information from.
I don't see any thing that say PayPal pays $50 for new accounts.

I would love to see a link.

BTW, I wasn't assuming anything! I was going by what you posted -
Quote:
They make money from paypal and soon will make money from google when google starts charging fees.

You didn't state anything about NEW customers until the second sentence.

I know PayPal paid $25 when they first started, then $15, then $10, then $5 then zero. That's when they promised to be always free too. But I see nothing anywhere that PayPal is paying $50 for new accounts.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this may be what BarginBarn is refering to. I copied this from the PayPal site:

Question :
What is the Merchant Referral Bonus?

Answer :
Earn up to $100.00 USD for each new Merchant or Business PayPal referral!

You will receive your first $10.00 USD when the Business or Merchant you refer:

1. Signs up
2. Verifies their Business or Premier Account, and
3. Sells $1,000.00 USD in products or services.

Each month thereafter, you will receive additional bonus payments when the Business or Merchant you refer continues to sell using PayPal, up to $100.00 USD for each referral in the first six months the merchant has a PayPal Account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: