eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Share your Pinterest Page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I ran into problems was inviting all customers to use the board to post what they made from the patterns I sold them! So imagine my surprise that the first thing that was posted to the board was a no-pattern dress that was already on one of my other boards, and then the hamburger and then the cutting table and then etc..............! At that point I stopped inviting customers.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was a good idea. I sorry if stupid people had to ruin it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like we always say, buyers can't read which is sad as it is my favorite activity.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have figured out a work around with those pinterest ++++ things. When they first appeared I thought that perhaps they were part of a new Pinterest way for doing search and I didn't want to ruin that. We always want to be found in search. So when promoting my items, I would get a pattern up and you can see all those words with the + sign and I didn't want to delete them, so I copied the title of the listing and copied it to the beginning of the pin description, then typed in a space or two and a couple of hyphens and then a couple more spaces and then left those + sign descriptions alone. So potential customers can read the description easily and the other can still be used in search. Anyone know of a reason I can't do this?

I was looking over some stats for my Pinterest site and nearly fell off my chair when I saw how many impressions I had for one board. With so many followers now and the clicks and impressions I ma getting, I have got to find a way to monetize Pinterest, otherwise I feel like I'm flushing money. I love following the numbers on Pinterest. It took me 11 months to get my first 1000 pins. Just this month alone, I've gotten over a thousand new followers so far! Also almost 1600 clicks in the last week. I had struggled so many years with FB and I'm only 154 followers at this point, so I couldn't believe how fast I could collect followers on Pinterest. Not trying to brag, but just showing that it can be done if you put your mind to it. The next thing is to find more ways than just someone coming through Pinterest to buy a pattern to make money with Pinterest. I have some ideas floating around in my carnium but nothing has gotten settled in my head. I think I need to do some research.
ladyphlepp123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Pinterest Reply with quote

http://www.pinterest.com/driverbialke Laughing
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that when you pin and those stupid plus signs appear, your title *doesn't*? I wonder if this is some internal thing for Pinterest on our end and others see just fine? Interestingly enough, when I shared to Twitter, it did appear with the plus signs just fine. I'm going to go back an edit on Pinterest just to be safe, because like others, I just don't care for the plus signs, and until I have a solid reason for them, they go.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DC - I just copy and past my title in front of those plus sign 'titles'. That way a buyer/looker can see the actual title and for whatever reason that Pinterest is doing this, the title with the plus signs is still intact.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea Moon - I'll do the same. Although editing within the pin is a bit cramped. Can't seem to get the window to expand and have to scroll to see the whole title. That's a shame because would be so much easier in promotions through Twitter & Facebook. Requires a whole lots of editing to look right.

Update: And the title still doesn't show when editing within the ecrater tool. Something's not quite right there I think. Are you seeing the same thing in your account? When I take out the plus signs it does show.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DC - Check out this board of mine. https://www.pinterest.com/gailetesews/misses-clothes-moonwishes-patterns/ the first few pins on the board were made in the last few days.

Quote:
McCall's+Sewing+Pattern+8382+Girls+Size+5-6+Cheerleaders+Outfits+Pleated+Skirt+Tops+Panties
this is how the text reads when you are about to pin an item.

Quote:
McCall's Sewing Pattern 8382 Girls Size 5-6 Cheerleaders Outfits Pleated Skirt Tops Panties McCall's+Sewing+Pattern+8382+Girls+Size+5-6+Cheerleaders+Outfits+Pleated+Skirt+Tops+Panties
This is how it looks when I add in my text ahead of the plus sign text and put in 3-4 spaces. Before you can do this, you should see three small dots. Have the text you want to paste into the spot copied already and then click in front of the three dots. It will change back to the text and you have to add the text right before the Pluses one (this is the hardest part of this, but I have practiced it enough that it is fairly easy for me now. Anyhow once you add this, choose your board that you want to post to and click on that and you are done. If I pin to more than one board, I repeat this each time. Something must be working right as I do get orders via Pinterest - 6 so far this month.

Hope this helps. I don't try to expand the window or anything like that. Just click in front of the dots and then again in front of the first word. I don't try to do any editing. I just copy the title right off the listing and then paste it in front of the titles that are in the text box - no editing to do.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my board is https://www.pinterest.com/hechto61/norms-place/
CatKnits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Hand made knit garments Reply with quote

https://www.pinterest.com/catmnel/catknits/

CatKnits hand made knit garments.

Great for holiday gifts!
TssullyTackleBox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are here:

https://pinterest.com/tssully
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@moon - Do you notice in your dashboard when you do that, nothing is visible until you re-edit and remove the plus marks? I'm seeing that on my end.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never remove the plus marks. I insert the title of the listing into the front of the copy with the plus marks and then add a few spaces. I just checked something I pinned yesterday, and while I could copy it, I was able to see that in the front of the text for a pin, it has what I put followed by the text with a plus sign. I don't drop my text in until I see the three dots and then I put the text in front of everything. I might not be real clear hear, because I need a nap really bad.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DC - Did you ever get it figured out how to add your title when pinning?

I did a batch of pinning today and noticed I just went over 22,000 followers this weekend! Could be why I've had 5 orders via Pinterest this month. I've had twice as many orders via Pinterest this year than last year. I'm sure am glad that it is such a great place to promote our inventory on. That plus a great place to pick up great ideas from. Lately I've found lots of neat ideas for using old men's neckties; from quilts to necklaces/collars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: