eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I would love to check out instagram but you can only use it with a cell phone that takes photos. I have no cell phone wheter it takes photos or not.

You've helped so many people here in the community, and finally I have a chance to help you... or at least point you in the right direction if you really want to pursue Instagram for promoting your shop.

There are some programs that let you work around the cell phone problem. Both Gramblr and Deskgram let you upload photos (or scanned images) from your desktop/laptop computer to Instagram.

The one drawback, I believe you have to already have an Instagram account set up first, which means finding a friend or family member with a cell phone from which you can set up an Instagram account. Once you have, you can do ALL your uploading from PC or Mac, as long as you know your Instagram log-on credentials. So it might be worth looking into.

You can also use a program called Bluestacks (which essentially replicates the cellphone Android or IOS environments on your PC). That's a little more involved to set-up, but ultimately a more powerful tool, which is why I use it. Plus it's free. Not sure if Deskgram or Gramblr charge. I think they're free if you're not uploading videos.

What I like about Instagram is you can # descriptive keywords about your item and reach a number of people. Not all become buyers, but at least it gets your product inventory and brand out there.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! The world seems to be locking people without cell phones out as if we don't count lately. Even my drugstore has moved to most coupons are by cell phone only, not by actual paper coupons that can be printed out. I used to buy a lot from them and then that got slashed until they now give me some discounts if I buy on line but the shipping only hits free at $49! We are on so many meds, I just got used to picking things up there when getting my meds.

My DIL does Instagram so maybe if they visit at Christmas she could help me get something set up. Thanks for all the info. I thought it was a bit weird that only people with cellphones could use it.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about Instagram too. From what I understand you take a picture then upload this picture on your Instagram account and people follow you. So if you want to promote something you take a picture of your product and when you upload it you can add a description. But can you also add a link in your description so that it takes the person right to the page where they can buy it? That is why I like to pin to Pinterest and Google plus because people can go right to my store when they click. Does Instagram work like that?
Caljacks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: New Page Reply with quote

Check out my new Facebook Page "Caljacks"
https://www.facebook.com/caljackscollectibles/

Would appreciate any and all "likes". Thanks. Very Happy
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
... can you also add a link in your description so that it takes the person right to the page where they can buy it?
Unfortunately, no. On Instagram, you can't currently link directly from the product image to your store. Instead, you have to direct people to your Instagram profile - where you're allowed to embed a link to your storefront. (Some people place a URL to the item in the comment area below their picture, but isn't a clickable link; people have to cut-and-paste it into their browser, so it's a bit clumsy).

So that is a major Instagram drawback - over outlets like Facebook and Pinterest that let you hyperlink directly from your post.

That said, Instagram does expose your product line to a new set of potential customers. By listing #'s in your description, say, in your instance, #ChristmasPattern, anyone searching Christmas pattern pictures on Instagram would have your image come up in their search results - and be introduced to you as a source for such items.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Old Friends Media.
When I have time I will explore Instagram a little more.
WIREDCATZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/wiredcatz/
Smile
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Dipping.

Last edited by adrienneszat on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you can pst about anything you want on your Facebook pages. I tend to post some stuff on my personal pages and some on my business page, but the majority gets posted on one and shared with the other.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reconsidering the Facebook Business Page:
I can post about more than one shop, right? Like crater and enid on the same FB Page? Sounds like a dumb question, but I like to ask them anyway.

BTW: where's your FB page. Caljacks? I went there, but nada.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
As far as I know, you can pst about anything you want on your Facebook pages. I tend to post some stuff on my personal pages and some on my business page, but the majority gets posted on one and shared with the other.

I was starting to look up some info on FB about that. I thought we should keep them separate. I'd like to look at your, Moon.
I found your link on your store age.

Last edited by adrienneszat on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see my answer to you?
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Moon. Thanks. I simply double posted by mistake and deleted the first instead of the second.
WIREDCATZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrienneszat wrote:
I'm reconsidering the Facebook Business Page:
I can post about more than one shop, right? Like crater and enid on the same FB Page? Sounds like a dumb question, but I like to ask them anyway.

BTW: where's your FB page. Caljacks? I went there, but nada.

I don't see why not as long as they are for the same store.

A facebook business page is probably what you want.
WIREDCATZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: New Page Reply with quote

Caljacks wrote:
Check out my new Facebook Page "Caljacks"
https://www.facebook.com/caljackscollectibles/

Would appreciate any and all "likes". Thanks. Very Happy

Is you page public yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: