eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping price and unpaid orders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtlegabysTropicalOasis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Shipping price and unpaid orders Reply with quote

I've had my second sale today. the first one was a combined purchase. I offer a flatrate of $2 shipping cost for unlimited items. Though the customer got a S&H fee of $12 and paid for it.

Well, if they don't read my instructions, I can't help.

But I am wondering, if this inflated S&H fee for seed packages doesn't chase most of the people away, when they see the total?

Since you can't use HTML in the listings and the writing is so small , I guess, nobody ever bothers to actually read the Policy site anyway.

How are other sellers dealing with this problem of combined purchases?

My second sale was a checkout over Paypal, but I didn't reeive a payment. Strange. How can the order show up, the people check out and no payment arrives here?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I am wondering, if this inflated S&H fee for seed packages doesn't chase most of the people away, when they see the total?

I simply refund the difference. If they pay via paypal I click on refund and do a partical refund for the amount due back to them. If they pay with a money order, I put the cash in an envelope with the item and write an explanation for the refund on it. I also email them no matter how they paid to let them know a refund is coming.

Quote:
Since you can't use HTML in the listings and the writing is so small , I guess, nobody ever bothers to actually read the Policy site anyway.

Nothing to do with the size of the print or HTML - folks just don't read!

Quote:
My second sale was a checkout over Paypal, but I didn't reeive a payment. Strange. How can the order show up, the people check out and no payment arrives here?

If the paypal payment is not showing on PayPal.com it could be a few things - #1 they closed the window and did not follow through or paypal was down at the time.
I usually go to paypal and click on request money and do an invoice including the order number and my website addy and send them a bill.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there's a thread around here with a good suggestion regarding flat-rate shipping by using the weight-based shipping matrix. If I remember correctly, you should be able to fill out the shipping matrix with the same price for every weight. That way if someone buys one ounce or two pounds the charge is still the same.
batjeep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first sale earlier today, and I had to combine the shipping for a buyer who bought another item from my eBay store.

The buyer paid by Paypal for each item separately, so I couldn't combine the shipping because of Paypal's rules.

I called the buyer on the phone and explained the situation. I refunded both payments, and then emailed her a Paypal invoice for both items combined.

It was a little extra work, but the buyer saved almost $5 on combined shipping, and everyone is happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: