eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Vintage Sellers ..Have you ever had or wanted a pink kitchen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Vintage Sellers ..Have you ever had or wanted a pink kitchen Reply with quote

I stumbled across this blog page while surfing last night. I was amazed at some of the kitchens. Whatever happened to horizontal refrigerators placed above the counter?

http://retrorenovation.com/2008/11/10/68-pink-kitchens-all-in-a-new-slide-show/

The slide show will work automatically on the page, but it's way more fun to click to full screen and manually page through the photos.

I've never lived with, nor wanted, a pink kitchen, but I did live in a vintage 1930s home that had the double porcelain sink with sloped drains on each side. It also had a vintage built-in dishwasher, but it didn't work.

Would love to read your comments!

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the retro look! I guess because I had a wonderful childhood in the 50's and 60's. I have always had to refurbish my homes on a budget and just made do with cabinets, floors and appliances that were the least expensive. But if I had the funds, it would be fun to have a pink kitchen with all the fancy accessories.
I liked looking at the slide show. Thanks for sharing!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a 1960s kitchen, with wall paper that shows all kinds of chickens.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I moved into a modern monster house where the first floor was divided into two apartments. It was a stark boring space with only builder's white walls. The landlady said I could paint if I wanted to. The place was carpeted with dusty rose carpet so I sponge painted the open plan kitchen and living areas and hallway with a sort of flamingo pink and made it look like pink Florida stucco houses from the 40s, I rather liked it. The bedroom I used the same color but made it look like watered silk. I really liked the bedroom.

I didn't care for many of the kitchen designs in the blog but I too would give anything for a countertop fridge. I am fast getting to the age and agility that anything that goes into the crisper will stay in the crisper.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the slideshow to load (never did), but let me tell you, if I could get away with it I would have a pink kitchen and pink everything else. My first pink walls (other than in a bedroom) came years ago in the living room. When the sun was setting and the pink and red colors from the sunset came into the room, it was gorgeous! Since then, wherever and whenever I can I have light pink walls. They look wonderful at sunrise and sunset and tend to go with everything and it is my favorite color in a tie with red. Currently my sewing room is a light pink, our beroom has one wall painted in something called chocolate cherry (it is very dark and the other three walls I think are light pink). Our sitting room/TV room upstairs my hubby tried sponge painting with pink and yellow. I couldn't believe what he had done when I first saw it. Apparently what he had been seeing on TV for home decorating wasn't what I was seeing (remember he has bad eyes), but I got used to it fast and made draperies with a yellow background and big pink cabbage roses that ties the two colors together. Everyone does a double take the first time they see it, but then they don't seem to notice it anymore.

For me to have a pink kitchen at this point, would mean almost the entire downstairs would have to be pink as it is sort of a great room concept. But with all the boxes of patterns all around and piano being store in the room, there isn't much point in decorating! But I do love the color pink. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: