eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmdbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Hello everyone! Reply with quote

I'm new here as I am a former eBayer who is tired of the constant fee increases. The last one was completely unacceptable. I would expect this site will receive a steady stream of people wanting to move off of that platform.

My new store will be DMD Books. I have most everything set except for the logo which I am currently working on. I have a large number of books to list so it may take a while.

Anyways, great to be here and I love the interface.

Dave D.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, every time ebay does yet another stupid thing, we get newbies to our site Very Happy . Just remember tha you won't get from ecrater what many of those fees paid for. You wouldn't believe how many come here and within a day or two volunteer all of us to pay fees so they can have all the bells and whistles that they had at ebay!

It is possible to sell on this site but it may take awhile to get going and the biggest thing you will have to remember is that you have to do your own promotions to get a good flow of customers. Also I am aware that you can download your ebay listings to ecrater, but they will ALL need to be tweaked and fixed. Many of us that have been here for a long while came before that was possible, and we listed everything by hand. So rather than have to fix every listing, if you manually list your books you can set up the listing in the way you want and it won't have mentions of auctions, ebay, etc.
dmdbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Unfortunately I will not be downloading anything from eBay. Reply with quote

I have already cleared everything out of eBay since I was so fed up with the amount of my monthly bills.

I will be entering all my books manually so I will have very detailed descriptions of all my items. But that's okay since I am now retired and have plenty of time.
Laughing

Thanks for the reply......

Dave D.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well that is good! So many dump their ebay stuff here and never go back and tweak the listing to be sure it will look like an ecrater lisitng!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Just about all of us sold on eBay at one time or another. I left years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: