eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I know if my product is active on eCrater?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SciencePal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: How do I know if my product is active on eCrater? Reply with quote

When I search for my product on eCrater (entered yesterday) it does not show up.

I'm trying to edit Google Attributes for a handmade product, so it has no UPC, EAN, MPN, etc. What attributes should I use for this LED light?

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I know if my product is active on eCrater? Reply with quote

SciencePal wrote:
I'm trying to edit Google Attributes for a handmade product, so it has no UPC, EAN, MPN, etc. What attributes should I use for this LED light?

Under the Google Attributes tab...in the left-hand Attribute Name column, put: identifier_exists. In the right-hand Attribute Value column, put FALSE.

In your product description admin, it will appear like this:
[!identifier_exists:FALSE!] ... and it should not be visible on your product page seen by customers.

Here is the information from Google Merchant Center Help at https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161?hl=en :

"For products without a GTIN and brand nor mpn and brand, submit identifier_exists."
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I know if my product is active on eCrater? Reply with quote

SciencePal wrote:
When I search for my product on eCrater (entered yesterday) it does not show up.

It shows up today (1-16-17).

Here it is: http://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?cid=0&keywords=LED+flickering+candle+module
SciencePal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: How do I know if my product is active on eCrater? Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
SciencePal wrote:

It shows up today (1-16-17).

Here it is: http://www.ecrater.com/filter.php?cid=0&keywords=LED+flickering+candle+module

Thank you FoxAndFish. I thought eCrater used the description for searching also but it looks like it only uses the shorter name. I was searching for "joule thief". I will update the product name then.

As for the identifier_exists attribute, I got that working too. Thank you!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SciencePal wrote:
I thought eCrater used the description for searching also but it looks like it only uses the shorter name. I was searching for "joule thief". I will update the product name then.
The eCRATER search is only by title. We are allowed 100 characters in our title, so make good use and include the words a buyer would use to find your item. Always be sure to say what the item is in the title. Also, if customers may use different words, try to include as many as possible. (For example, one may carry a purse, pocketbook, hand bag, which all could refer to the same item.) It doesn't hurt to repeat the same information in the description.

I took a look at your site. In your first item, you don't say that it is a light. If I were searching, I would be looking for a flickering candle light. Also, wouldn't the product be used for DIY projects? In other words, put your most important info first, but add other search words.

You should really include information to state the items pitcured are not included but only ideas of how the product can be used.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: