eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how to load my products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtStudioOstiliaItaly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: how to load my products Reply with quote

I would like to indicate to me how to load my products. I am an abstract painter Italian and I would sell my paintings. Under "Categories" no "Art" appears
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: how to load my products Reply with quote

ArtStudioOstiliaItaly wrote:
Under "Categories" no "Art" appears

If you mean "Categories" in your eCrater admin...which is in the Navigation column...you need to click on "Add New Category" and add "Art" as your category. That will then show up on the product listing page as "Local Category."

If you mean the "Global Category" on a product listing page, "Art" is the second item on the drop-down menu.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to sell your artwork, you will need to do a whole bunch more in your listings, to do so. Perhaps Olio#5 was just your attempt at seeing how the listing process works, but there are several things wrong about the listing.

You are allowed 100 characters in your title. Use them! In the US if someone uses the word Olio, most older people will think of oleo-margarine or fake butter, so Olio #5 isn't going to tell them anything. In the titles should be something like this:

Oilio #5 Michael Angelo Original Italian Oil Painting On Paper 27 1/2" x 19 3/4" NOT Framed

Then in your description, repeat that information and the size in both inches and metric (most Americans don't know metric other than for 1 and 2 liter bottles of Coke or Pepsi). Describe the colors in the painting, what inspired it, techniques used to paint it, etc. SELL the painting.

Also do you really have ten copies available? I would assume that this is one of a kind. If not, you have to say that it is a print right from the beginning. Otherwise if this is one of a kind, change your quantity button to 1.

You also have to be sure that in your About us page, you tell how your artwork will be shipped for maximum safety in transit. If an individual listing needs a special packaging technique, besure to mention that there in the listing, so the buyer knows that his item is being treated with respect.

I don't know what all types of art you do, but depending on what you plan to sell instead of just having an 'art' category, you should have categories for:

Oil on paper
Oil on Canvas
Pastels on Paper
Pastels on canvas
Sculptures
etc.

That way if a customer wants a particular type of painting or piece, they can find it more easily when looking through your categories. It also helps the search engines sort out searches for oil paintings as opposed to pastels, pencils, chalk, etc.

Hope this helps you.
Welcome.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What moonwishes said plus.
Your titles should be in English. Required to sell on eCRATER.
For example, Acrilico #3 would make more sense to an English speaking buyer if it was:
Acrylic #3 acrylic painting on heavy card stock blue with red 10 x 6 inches

To the American mind measurements other than feet and inches don't exist. You have to work with their rigidity. Rolling Eyes And there is a lot of difference between 27 x 15 inches and 10 x 6 inches.

I say this but if you have a following in Italy or the EU then the metric measurements are essential.

About payment: You are required to accept either PayPal or Stripe. Other types of online payment services are not allowed. You can use mailed payments if you want to but you have to offer at least one of the instant online payment methods used by eCRATER.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
... About payment: You are required to accept either PayPal or Stripe. Other types of online payment services are not allowed. You can use mailed payments if you want to but you have to offer at least one of the instant online payment methods used by eCRATER.
I agree with the good advice already given, but I would like to add information on the payments. We are NOT required to accept PayPal or Stripe. You may accept any payment listed in your admin section as approved by eCRATER with would be Personal checks, money orders, cashier checks, cash on delivery (a USA postal option), Paypal and/or Stripe. You are limited to the payment options listed in your admin. The rules of eCRATER state you can not direct your customer to another payment method.

If you do not accept either PayPal or Stripe, your items will NOT be submitted to Google Shopping. You will also be seriously limiting the sales in your store, but it is your choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: