eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problems with paypal payments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashraf-10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Problems with paypal payments Reply with quote

Many customers tell me that they face some difficulties when paying through paypal and often paypal tell them that payment is not possible
I haven't strip account & I prefer to work through paypal
Are there any advice to solve this problem
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a new problem as it looks like you have been in business for a while? Stripe is just as easy to use as PP and I haven't had any problems with it after receiving thousands of $$ in payments through them. One thing I have done when for whatever reason a buyer is having problems getting PP to work is I send them a PP invoice and when using it for payment, the payment goes right through. Other than that, no suggestions, until we know a bit more about your problem and whether it is something new going on.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update to paypal express. you are using the old version
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers, I had wondered if that was the problem.

I placed an item in the cart and clicked the PayPal checkout button. When taken to PayPal I was only offered 2 options, Log In or Create an Account. (I returned to the OP's store and deleted the item from the cart.) I tried this with a couple of other stores and each time I was given 3 options on PayPal, Log In, Create an Account, or Check out with Credit or Debit Card. I think each of the stores I checked were using PayPal Direct because they also accept Stripe or they did accept Stripe in the past.

I had wondered if the fact that all inventory in the OP's store was digital download had any effect, but I think trafficjammers has the answer.
Ashraf-10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Is this a new problem as it looks like you have been in business for a while? Stripe is just as easy to use as PP and I haven't had any problems with it after receiving thousands of $$ in payments through them. One thing I have done when for whatever reason a buyer is having problems getting PP to work is I send them a PP invoice and when using it for payment, the payment goes right through. Other than that, no suggestions, until we know a bit more about your problem and whether it is something new going on.

Thanks
I will try this method in the future
Ashraf-10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
update to paypal express. you are using the old version

My account was updated
Ashraf-10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
trafficjammers, I had wondered if that was the problem.

I placed an item in the cart and clicked the PayPal checkout button. When taken to PayPal I was only offered 2 options, Log In or Create an Account. (I returned to the OP's store and deleted the item from the cart.) I tried this with a couple of other stores and each time I was given 3 options on PayPal, Log In, Create an Account, or Check out with Credit or Debit Card. I think each of the stores I checked were using PayPal Direct because they also accept Stripe or they did accept Stripe in the past.

I had wondered if the fact that all inventory in the OP's store was digital download had any effect, but I think trafficjammers has the answer.

I am having the same problem and I would like to know how we can solve it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: