eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Made a Sale - Why Did Item Stay Active?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a seller request to see the listing page after a sale and I used to delete and now just hide a listing as soon as it is sold. If they want to see the page I copy it for them as needed. But I just hit 4900 orders yesterday and I haven't had to do it in all these years of selling.

edited for usual spelling errors.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: #2 Reply with quote

2. Seller didn't have a quantity listed on the item page. (a blank means unlimited quantity) Usually won't let you list an item w/0 qty.

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
There are several possibilities that could have caused the problem where you received a notice of a sale, but the item stayed active. The most common reasons are:

1. Seller didn't have a Inventory Control active.
2. Seller didn't have a quantity listed on the item page. (a blank means unlimited quantity)
3. Seller using PayPal Standard and the "buyer" didn't pay when sent to PayPal.
4. The response to eCRATER from PayPal was delayed or not received. (Internet glitch)
5. Buyer using a paper payment method.

A seller can always place a single item On Hold from the item page. It's really a good practice to always confirm the payment on PayPal before shipping. If a seller is using PayPal Direct, the buyer must pay for the item during the checkout process.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: #2 Reply with quote

ToyTraders wrote:
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
2. Seller didn't have a quantity listed on the item page. (a blank means unlimited quantity)
Usually won't let you list an item w/0 qty.

Listing an item with 0 quantity is different from listing an item with the quantity field blank. The system will not let you list an item with a 0 quantity, but you can list an item with the quantity field blank. With the quantity field blank, the system assumes you have unlimited quantity. If a seller is selling a download item where they are emailing a file, they would have "unlimited" quantity.

If the seller has a quantity of 1 but leaves the quantity field blank, their inventory system will return an incorrect answer which was the topic being discussed. Although the OP had stated the quantity was originally listed as 1, I was listing all the reasons I knew that could cause the problem. There could be other answers.

It has been said on the forum before, it is always a wise practice for all sellers to check the Payment in your PayPal (or Stripe) account to confirm receipt of payment and check the item page to confirm the correct current (after sale) inventory.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has been said on the forum before, it is always a wise practice for all sellers to check the Payment in your PayPal (or Stripe) account to confirm receipt of payment and check the item page to confirm the correct current (after sale) inventory.

Absolutely - it saves a lot of grief to do so and if you double list, even MORE important.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD to know Sheila!
I wasn't aware of the difference "0" vs 'blank".
That would explain (somewhat) purchases made for items I "thought" I had manually deleted.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ SheilaDeesPostcards

great help-info for all, thanks. Smile
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transfixed wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
@transfixed

What payment type did the first buyer select ?

PayPal Express Checkout. 2nd buyer too, a few hours later.

If there are any glitches between eCrater and PayPal, the notification to eCrater could be delayed. The rule would be: has the order been checkmarked as Paid ? If so, then eCrater should have marked it as such, and (following the normal rules) hidden the item offered. When the notification to eCrater is delayed, then funky things can happen.

Quite a while back we had a payment method (GCO) that regularly delayed the payment notifications by 10-15 minutes. Those were interesting times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: