eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about prohibited items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruggedway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Question about prohibited items Reply with quote

I just have a quick question to see if anyone may know before I email eCrater. This pertains to the following

"The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
[Don't try to flood the marketplace with the same or similar item listed many times] "

One product line of ours is HID kits. HID kits have variables, like bulb type and bulb color options. My plans were to post the kits individually for example "X HID Kit with Blue Bulbs" and "X HID Kit with White Bulbs". Each kit of ours has its own part numbers and everything, but with some, the only real difference is the bulb color option. Should I just make one listing for each bulb type and have customers put in the notes which color temperature they are wanting?

For visual see links below
http://ruggedway.ecrater.com/p/26189057/2007-2015-chevy-silverado-hid-kit-35w

http://ruggedway.ecrater.com/p/26185673/2007-2015-chevy-silverado-hid-kit-35w
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Should I just make one listing for each bulb type and have customers put in the notes which color temperature they are wanting?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That is guaranteed to end up being a mess. Do as you mentioned. List each color separately. Trying to get a customer to write to you after a sale can be pure torture (assuming they forget to mention what color they want). I have waited a day and half at this point for an international buyer to send me an email with her phone number because she wants the package delivered to her PO Box and the PO rules state international mail to a PO Box must have a phone number. I've written her twice already. Still waiting.

I sell sewing patterns and can have 8-10 of the same ones with the only difference being their size. That is a legitimate difference. However if you put say a red ball in one category, you can't relist that same red ball in another category.
ruggedway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are awesome!

I usually find all my answers from your posts or replies. I appreciate you letting me know. I just wanted to make sure I do not cross eCrater boundaries.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I feel it is in all of bests interests to help each other to be the best sellers we can be which will draw more sellers in.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that in your titles you list the differences in the first 30 characters otherwise Google will get bored at reading the same beginnings of titles and pass right over them.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie I think you can go at least 40 or more characters since almost ALL of my listings strat out with the brand name, number then size for example (Simplicity being chosen as my longest brand name):

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 1234 Misses Size 12-16

which is 43 characters with spaces (per MS WORD) before the size numbers and I might have 3-4 or more patterns where the size numbers are the only thing that changes. They seem to all be being 'seen' by google without a problem. Granted I wouldn't put the differences in the item at the very end of the titles so that they are in the character range of 70-100. Many times in searches they only show the first 60-70 characters and if you want them to be sure they can find your 'red balls'.

Also when writing those titles if you aren't aware or anyone else reading this; lots of hyphens, weird symbols, and L@@k which thankfully I rarely see anymore aren't beneficial to a titles or search at all. Bots read differently than we do and so if a special character is right next to a word, then the bots try and read it as one word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: