eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My new store,need your advice please.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: My new store,need your advice please. Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am a new seller on ecrater, , I created my store, I will be very thankful to know your opinions and any advice, what can give me success Smile
thanks a lot!

http://leathergloves.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have a fairly good beginning. Don't forget to complete all pages, FAQ's, terms and such. Also, people don't want to go back and forth to order something. Make a listing for each size and color. Also measurement for each size would help, in both metric and inches. Also, your store name is Leather Gloves, in your store you have the name Lili Adam...that might make it harder for repeat customers to find you. Good luck and I hope you have many sales.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Leathergloves. You still need to do a few things with your store. Fill in your About Us, Your Terms, and Contact pages. You should also have a few more photos if possible. You have good ones of the front of the gloves, but where you have the back side showing, you have another glove on top of half of it so you can't see the whole backside of the glove.

I know that I could not even attempt to try and sell anything to Romanians, but you still need help with you writing skills, if you can find a native English speaker, perferrably an English teacher, that can help you write your descriptions better and in proper formating.

You need to tell what sizes are available and have a listing for each size. Having to have emails back and forth to figure out sizes can take days if not weeks, so better have listings one for each size to avoid that. Also you need to explain HOW to measure your hand to know the proper size. Unless I'm shopping in the wrong places, I have never seen gloves with any sizes other than small, medium, large and extra large.

Of course I realize that you are just starting out, but you very much need more than three listings to be found. Having gloves in different listings for each size will help with that. Remember that your store is an almost microscopic drop of water in the huge ocean of the interent. You are allowed 100 characters in your titles - USE them! This one "Leather Driving Gloves For Men" is only 30 characters so you are wasting 70 spaces, where you could be saying more things about the gloves, such as:

"Deer Skin and Sheepskin Leather Handmade Gloves Size Large Black Brown Custom Made"

and you still have spaces left to add more information if you want!

Oh yes, be sure that you are allowed to export these gloves into the states depending on the skins they are made with. https://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/plant_health/2012/fs_imp_food_ppq.pdf Might help you get started with that search.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your gloves are handmade and I include machine made that are not mass produced, then you should say that in your titles and descriptions. As of now your descriptions leave me up in the air whether you gloves are hand made on machine, hand sewn, or mass produced.

About sizing:
It has been a long time since I wore dress gloves or anything more fitted than a wooley one but last time I did gloves had sizes that were similar to shoe sizes. 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. Measurements were based on inches or centimeters around the widest part of the hand. You should list the size in both inches for US and centimeters for the rest of the world.

Also pictures of each color you make. Leather colors vary greatly due to dyes so terms like light medium and dark brown are not sufficient.
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Thank you for reply. Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your time and advices, really very helpful information, I still have a lot of work on it. How much I can understand I should add different listing for each size and color ? Gloves comes with *inches* size 7 inches, 7,5 inches 8 inches....
Usually, Etsy customers can select on item listing size and color options.
And also I can't understand what exactly I should to write on 'Google Attributes' section for each item?

Thanks again for your help!!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater isn't set up like etsy. 2 very different platforms. If you don't have a listing for each size and color, and the buyer doesn't tell you when ordering, it will set you up for bad feedback. Plus having a lot of different listings makes it easier for people to find you, hopefully. Where as just having 2 will get lost in the great sea of other stores. Goggle attributes, put material in the first box.....lamb skin (Or whatever ever it is) in the second. You can also use size and color. No spacer before the words

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Thank you for reply. Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help, I just made some updates on my store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more suggestions if you don't mind.

Quote:
Men's Deerskin Driving Gloves /Hand sewn /Deerskin driving gloves/Black gloves/Deerskin gloves

In your title you repeat 'Deerskin driving gloves' twice - no reason to do so. Then say deerskin gloves once again. Also no need to do so. Leave out the slashes and just use spaces (at least I think that looks better). The repetitions are just wasting space. If at all possible, at least in a title, never repeat a word.

Remember the first example I gave you previously?
Quote:
"Deer Skin and Sheepskin Leather Handmade Gloves Size Large Black Brown Custom Made"

If you want you can write 'deer skin' as well as 'deerskin' for those searching that may not understand how it is spelled. Also 'sheep skin' and sheepskin'. Even though this means you are repeating the word skin but it helps it to make sense. While you have sizes in your descriptions now, you also need them in your titles otherwise google won't bother showing the extra listings since they think they are all the same.

So know that we know you use inches for measurements You can write a title like this:

Deerskin deer skin Sheepskin sheep skin Size 9" Custom Handmade Driving Gloves Black Brown

This is a 90 character title so it is within eCRATER guidelines. I'm not sure about your use of the word cognac for the color brown as here that word is used for an alcoholic beverage not a color (at least not what I have seen) and I don't know if you will have problems using it.

Incidentally now that you have sizes in your descriptions, you don't need the size varieties in the descriptions as well as it will confuse buyers. They see size 9 and then the other sizes and some may not know what they are ordering or they will be sending you emails to confirm that the gloves are whatever size you indicated they are. No matter how carefully you write a description, there will always be some buyers that write and ask a question that is written clearly in the description! Welcome to on-line selling!
Leathergloves

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Thanks MoonwishesStore for details ! Reply with quote

actually your advices are very helpful , I am trying to keep my store creation by your advice. I really appreciate!!!
Could you please give me some information or send me link about meaning of
"Enable Google Variants
?
Enable Google Analytics
?
Google Analytics ID:
Custom Domain GA ID:
UK Google Analytics ID:
AU Google Analytics ID"

And also shipping settings and what do you think about "Custom Domain ($5/month, billed annually)" can it give me more chances to get success ?

Thanks a lot !!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks MoonwishesStore for details ! Reply with quote

Leathergloves wrote:
actually your advices are very helpful , I am trying to keep my store creation by your advice. I really appreciate!!!
Could you please give me some information or send me link about meaning of
"Enable Google Variants
?
Enable Google Analytics
?
Google Analytics ID:
Custom Domain GA ID:
UK Google Analytics ID:
AU Google Analytics ID"

And also shipping settings and what do you think about "Custom Domain ($5/month, billed annually)" can it give me more chances to get success ?

Thanks a lot !!!

I don't use Google variants so I can't help there.
Google analytics shows you what kind of traffic you get and other details. I finally gave up on checking it out when they changed their url or something and I have a horrible time even finding the site, but you might want to sign up for it if somemone can tell you how. Same with UK and AU analytics.

I can speak to the Custom Domain though. This is $5/month but you have to pay for the whole year at one time for $60. You can use your own domain name of your choice as the url for your store and so instead of your url being http://leathergloves.ecrater.com/ You can have www.LeatherGloves.com with out the ecrater part. This makes you look much more like an independent site instead of part of ecrater. I take advantage of this as I prefer http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com to having the ecrater part in with my store name. Makes it much easier to tell people what my url is as well. Whether this results in making more money or sales, I don't know. I think it looks more professional AND if you ever want to move your store to a new location where you can also have your own domain name or want to start your very own website, you won't lose any customers that may have kept track of your url. If they kept the url with the ecrater in it, the url would no longer work if you had left ecrater.

There are many places to get a domain name. I use Hostway which is rather cheap (affordable). The one thing you have to be really careful of is bogus places that send you emails telling you it is time to renew your domain name and to pay them $69 or whatever. I have even gotten regular letters in the mail with the same scam. Ignore those. Any questions about billing and renewal dates will come from where you got your domain name. No other place. Remember that and you won't be scammed.

So whether you want the custom domain name is of course your choice and whether or not you can afford it. Here it is part of my tax deductible expenses on my taxes. I don't know how many other sellers use this benefit. I think it helps me and I don't know what profit ecrater gets by charging this, but I figure I owe them that much for this great site!
Very Happy

Be sure to always use your url at the bottom of your emails etc. as part of your promotion of your store. If you visit forums where you are allowed to have a signature with a url, be sure to have it. Many sites ask for your url if you make a comment on a post which allows readers to click on your name and they end up in your store. If you have moved your store to another location but kept your custom url, they can continue to find you and not a dead link. We always have to be aware of the future.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: