eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why No Sales?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Why No Sales? Reply with quote

I'm a little confused. My site averages over 500 "hits" a month. This has been for the past 4-5 months, and yet I have no sales. Are my expectations too high for having "only" 500 hits per month, or are my items so over or under priced that they are driving prospective buyers away. All my items are hand made by me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First note that because you asked for help, you will get more hits by use looking at your stuff.

Titles. Your item number should not be the first thing in your title and not in your title at all if at all possible as it means nothing to potential buyers.

You are allowed 100 characters in your titles. One that I did a character count had only 42 and that included your items number. Without the item number, it was 33. Your title is a expensive real estate - use it as best you can.

Your descriptions. Leave out words like stunning, beautiful, eye catching, etc. as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While you mention that they are made in the USA in a smoke and pet free home, I would put that in terms or about us. Most jewelry businesses do not advertise that their items are made in a smoke and pet free factory. You are trying to run a business, so you want to look like a business. Use words like hand created, not homemade so to speak. Where are your findings and gems from. While they may be put together in the US, I suspect many were made in China. Are your earring posts hypo-allergenic? What are they made with. Those of us that are allergic to some metals and get one accidently in our ears aren't too happy about it.

You have a set of earrings called Red stone earrings, but looking at the description I don't see any component that is called red stone. They do look like the weird candy my grandma used to have around at Christmas.

Lastly and then others can also chime in. WHAT are you doing to promote your store? If all you are doing is listing your stuff, and figuring that is all you have to do, I have news for you. I spend almost as much time promoting as I do listing items.
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moonwishes for your prompt reply. You have made some really good points and I will be spending the next couple of weeks upgrading my listing to include many of your suggestions.
You also mentioned promoting your store. Other than giving out business cards, I have not done much else. I will be connecting my store to facebook shortly, which should help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Facebook, try Pinterest. Business cards are fine if someone wants your store url and they ask for it, otherwise keep it in your pocket as it will probably be wasted. You need a way to advertising to the whole 50 states, not just folks in your community.
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I will certainly look into it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: