eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: help? Reply with quote

i finally got an order and the email said they paid through paypal so i went ahead and said they paid it but when i go over to my paypal acct to make sure there is no payment how do i fix it so it doesn't show they paid it
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter you got indicated that they planned on paying via PP, not that they had. Whenever you get a letter showing you have an order, go to your order list. If you have a green check mark under paid, then you go to Stripe or PP to double check that you got paid and how much your fee is (you have to track that somehow). Then you can ship. Other than needing to mark paid because they sent you a check, MO, cash, there is generally no reason to ever have to mark paid yourself. If it is coming through PP/Stripe it will happen automatically. In this case if they haven't paid yet, you might want to send them an invoice via PP and an email telling them you did. I just generally say that it looks like you may have had trouble paying via PP so here is an invoice. If they pay that you are good to go.

As to what to do about the fact that you marked something as paid when it wasn't, I don't think you can change it yourself. If the person never pays and it shows as a marketplace order, then you will want to let the eCRATER team know what happened so they won't assess you a fee for that order. Other than that, no problem as long as you remember that you never got paid to leave it showing. Won't hurt a thing.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your reply and help :}
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. It was too late at night/early in the morning when I wrote the post and one thing I wanted to mention and it wandered out of my mind before I remembered to do so is this. Normally if you have to send an invoice for payment, when they pay, at that point you also have to check off that you got paid, but in this instance you already marked it paid and won't have to.

Some people after they have a page or so of orders feel the need to delete some of them or also feel the need to delete orders that didn't get paid. I don't do that at all. I want a record of all my transaction and almost transactions. That makes it much easier when someone writes to you about "why haven't I got my widget?". You can ask them when they ordered, look and if you have no order from them on your order list, you can confidently say to them, that they have not ordered from you. At that point I send them to the ecrater team to see if they can help them find their right buyer. Without that list, you can not say for absolute sureness that, yes, they did or did not order from you, but you never paid for the item so it wasn't shipped or they never ordered from you. Isn't as far-fetched as it sounds.

If someone orders a pattern from someone else and doesn't get it, they inevitably write me if I have a copy of it, they assume they got one from me. Doesn't work that way.
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: sad Reply with quote

well i thought i was doing good by getting one sale but turns out the person never paid ? not sure why i am not getting any real sales. can anyone tell if i am doing something wrong. thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a good person to ask about sports cards - personal to me for sure.

I would suggest at least a front and a back view of your cards. I would also beef up your descriptions including getting rid of the statement
Quote:
Please check out out other listings for many more great sports cards
By its position as the first thing in your description, the search engines are going to 'dis' it since it has nothing to do with the item for sale which is what the descriptions are for. Google doesn't like boilerplate which is what that is. You could put your version of your grading in the description or at least write it out in full.

I'm sure that you know what teams these guys played for, etc. but what is wrong with writing it in the description? I see that a lot here, sellers tend to be so used to whatever it is they are selling, they never think about someone that doesn't know much about the object or like in this case you know maybe what team these guys played for or teams. In your description, why aren't you saying something about these guys and why their cards are important. Then of course you have to ask yourself how much work you want to expend to make a quarter? My absolute lowest limits for selling is after all expenses, if I haven't made enough for a king sized candy bar, I'm not going to bother with trying to sell something in the first place. It either gets tossed or to the thrift store in case someone else could use it. I guess my thought is what are you hoping to accomplish with your store? You don't seem to have any/many higher value cards. Are you waiting to see how sales go before adding in higher value ones? Is there something else you can add into your store as more inventory like plastic sleeves for cards, etc. After selling mostly sewing patterns for years, I have been aggressively adding in more crafts and crafts supplies which made a big help to the bottom line last year. Sometimes you just have to rethink what you are doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: