eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater says Paypal Express disabled. Paypal says it's ok.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: eCrater says Paypal Express disabled. Paypal says it's ok. Reply with quote

I have been getting emails from eCrater (norreply@ecrater.com) saying that

Quote:
Hello,

Your PayPal Express Checkout account is currently having a problem that prevents your customers to checkout.

Please note that Express Checkout is only working with Business or Premier accounts, so make sure you are not using a Personal account.

If this is not the case, the solution is to call PayPal and ask them to fix the issue. They can be reached at 888-215-5506. The Business Support team will be able to speak with you, troubleshoot, and help get the issue resolved.

"Express Checkout has been disabled for this merchant. Please contact Customer Service."

So I called PayPal. They said 2 things:
1. My PayPal Express Checkout is NOT disabled, it's working fine. Everything with my account is fine.
2. I do NOT need to have a Business account, my Personal account is fine. In fact, I got a payment as recently as Monday, through eCrater.

PayPal did say they've just updated how their interface works, and it's possible something needs to be updated on their end.

Can someone please look into this? Write me?

Also, they are contacting me at the wrong email address. Where do I enter my email other than at Edit Account Info. The "Email for orders" is correct, but that's not what they're using.

Last edited by welding on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you needed a business acct. to except money from sales online?

PayPal personal account
If you just need to make purchases and send money to family and friends

You can use a Personal account to:
•Repay a friend for your share of lunch.
•Send money as a gift.
•Buy a book online.
welding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
I thought you needed a business acct. to except money from sales online?

You do not. I have completed thousands of dollars of sales on eBay since 2000 and something like a dozen sales on ecrater, including one as recently as Monday, with my current PayPal personal account. PayPal just told me I'm good on the phone not two hours ago.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having accepted the volume of sales you've had, you must have a PayPal Premier account. Peg's Buttons was quoting directly from the current Terms of Service for PayPal.

Way back PayPal had 2 types of accounts available, a personal OR a premier/business account. The personal account was always designed for individual that wanted to have a "buying" account and didn't plan to sell online. If you sold much at all on eBay, you were forced to upgrade to a Premier/Business account. This account was designed for use by both individuals selling online who were not business AND businesses. Some time around the time IRS started requiring card processors to start sending 1099 to folks that sold over a certain level, PayPal made another change. They did away with allowing "new" Premier accounts, but left everyone alone that currently had a Premier account, after a period of bugging you that you must have a SSA or FIN # on file. Today, you either apply for a personal or business account but many long-time eBay sellers still have the old Premier accounts.

If eCRATER is sending you that message, it's because they are getting notice from PayPal. The rep you spoke with at PayPal may not have been trained on dealing with the older Premier accounts. I suppose it's possible that you have a PayPal Personal account that is working fine as a personal account, but has been finally flagged as needing to be upgraded to a Business account. If so, you may have no choice except to upgrade to a business. Since you received an order payment on Monday, maybe the upgrade tripped something with the API interface that was a one time error message. You really need to contact eCRATER. I don't think they would have contacted you unless they were contacted by PayPal.

If you want to contact eCRATER direct, you need to send them an email from the contact link on the home page of eCRATER (ecrater.com). I would strongly suggest you edit your post to remove your email address since this topic on the forum is open to the search bots and could wind up on Google / Bing / etc. The forum is primarily sellers helping sellers. The email you are receiving from eCRATER is being sent to your "primary eCRATER account" email. That is the email you used when you opened your account and will remain your primary contact email until you contact eCRATER direct to request that email be changed. We can change the "orders & customer service" email from the edit account link in our admin, but the primary email address can ONLY be changed by eCRATER after they are contacted by the store owner. If you look at the link to "edit account" you'll see a little ? mark in a box that is a link to a popup box that gives you this information.
welding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your super-informative post!
I have removed my email from my post, and written ecrater to ask them directly (now that you explained how to do that).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: