eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

listing advice on ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: listing advice on ecrater Reply with quote

Hi

I am selling software on ecrater as am a authorised distributor for Microsoft but PayPal and Stripe have got funny and closed my account even though I have provided them with evidence to show that I am authorised but I have now signed up with Worldpay and go them integrated into my ecommerce website so am wondering on the software listings, can I add my logo and link to the ecommerce site to purchase the software through WorldPay?

Hope someone can help me and know what I can and cannot do in the listings

Thank you in advance
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: listing advice on ecrater Reply with quote

broadwaymediadesigns wrote:
.... can I add my logo and link to the ecommerce site to purchase the software through WorldPay?

No and I strongly suggest you read the Terms of Service for eCRATER to which you agreed when you opened your store. The Terms of Service are available from the home page of eCRATER at www.ecrater.com by clicking on the link "terms" on the lower right of the home page. You can also reach them by viewing the FAQs and clicking on the link to Terms. You might also want to review the other information provided in the FAQs.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of suggestions:
first call PayPal and ask why they closed your account. I looked at your feedback and it looks spotless.

second, remove cash on delivery and use money orders instead. COD can bankrupt you if the buyer refuses delivery when they realize all the costs. As a UK seller they will be facing tariffs and taxes as well....and you are required to ship to the US.

You can't link your website to your ecrater store and you can't use any payment method not approved by ecrater which limits you to mailed payments, PayPal and Stripe.
broadwaymediadesigns

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to PayPal and they said it's because selling software is classed as a high risk to them, the same as Stripe, they said the same thing even though I have told them both I am authorised distributor and provided them with proof of this to support my authorization

I will remove COD now in the ecrater settings, how does money orders work, is that where IO put my address on and they send a money order (is it the same as a postal order)

Can I just use money orders or has PayPal or Stripe got to be enabled as well?

UPDATE: I already had COD removed already, I have enabled money order and put my name and address. Would customers be put off by sending money orders, is there a way proof can be obtained so both myself and my customers are protected with the money order, sorry have not used them before so not sure how they work.

Also I tried unchecking PayPal but it had to be checked but I don't have any PayPal account linked to it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: