eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

important to have feedback?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dealoutletusa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: important to have feedback? Reply with quote

Hi, I am a fairly new seller and my question is is it important to have atleast one positive feedback to get others to buy? I get hits on my products but have only sold one item so far and the buyer didn't leave any feedback.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback helps, but it also depends on other factors like price, presentation, title, and your promotional efforts. You can't ignore any one of them.
BustedorNot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sell on another site a different line of items.

This site does not do feedbacks, but since I am in control of my store, I have taken screen shots of my ebay rating and selling feedback.
I set up a separate category and listing with the pictures of my feedback and add a description on my selling profile and any concerns.

I am debating about doing the same thing on this shop.
Need to think about it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not really sure how you would do that here. Your About page is where you can tell about yourself, but I don't think you can do anything there other than text. No html or photos.

We all start out from zero here and as sales come so do the feedback although over the past few years it does seem to come in slower.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dealoutletusa - I was just able to check out your store and several things are glaringly obvious to me that need fixed. If you don't mind some constructive criticism.

1. The curious disparity of your store name being xxxusa while you are located in Canada.

2. You have nothing filled out of your about us, terms, contact pages at all. Nothing at all for a customer to check and see about you. Very important considering your are selling over $100 items of name brands that are constantly being faked.

3. Biggest of all is with no easy way to have customers indicate sizes, you need a separate listing for each size and each color of everything you sell. None of the waiting for a customer to get back to you on the proper size, etc. It also helps search engines deliver better results when someone is looking for a size 10 Nike.

4. This is just me possibly. I went to college in Canada in the 70's. I tried to buy some sneakers while there. The shoe salespeole didn't have a clue (or pretended not to) until I asked for running shoes. On one of the listings I looked at, you did not have the word shoe, sneaker, running shoe, tennis shoe, nothing other than the brand name to help indicate what you are selling. Nike air might do it for many shoppers, but I would want to see sneakers, shoes something since at this point in time Nike makes hats, running clothes, etc. There is no character count maximum in our descriptions area, so really explain what you are selling. Personally I repeat my title for the most part as the first line of my description. You need to spell out in full whatever BNIB stands for. Just because online sellers knows what that means doesn't mean that your buyers will. Are there any recommednations for care and cleaning of the shoes. What sport are they recommended for or are these expensive hanging out run to the grocery store shoes.

5. I see you are shipping by e-packet. Are you shipping from Canada or are you doing an end run around the buyer and drop shipping them from China or elsewhere? If so state it. Better the customer doesn't buy in the first place than one buying a pair, waiting forever, and then receive them from China, a place where perhaps they refuse to buy from! Then instead of a positive or no feedback, you get blasted with a negative from a buyer thinking they were getting goods from Canada.

I know I refuse to buy many particular items from China as they are made with slave labor. Others feel the same way.

Anyhow this is all just my opinion to do with as you like.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bustedornot

Just looking at your store and am confused about a few things. Several items with 'Jr' in the title I took to mean Junior sizing but that wasn't specified at all in the descritpion. Also saw a bra lot with at my count 5 different sizes included. Not too helpful for the average woman unless they are being sent to a girls school or a college dorm. Your descriptions have so many line breaks that they seem to go on forever, with some less important details coming before other more important details. I personally don't understand why some of the used clothes are designated 'clearance' with such low prices against the other inventory with much higher ones. You mention combining prices and the customer needing to wait for an invoice or a refund. With the matrix you can set your shipping up easily to combine shipping so that the customer can pay the final total immediately. As you seem to have sold alot on ebay, I would think that it would be very easy at this point to know what your shipping cost would be for each item at this point. I'm been using the matrix since I got here and it works like a charm. Hope some of this helps.
BustedorNot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moonwishes

Their are various buyers who will buy lots of bras in various sizes. Some of the buyers are in drag and their are others for other reasons. I have sold over 9 groups of various bra size lots and a friend has sold over 20 lots. This also goes for slips and half-slips. Who knew.

( I buy corsets if they are in lots for a good price. I make unusual quilts and I don't care about sizes. There is also little bra purses/pouches )

I do the line item description because that is how my eyes can scan listings. I will bypass a lot of listings if I can't find information easily.

It took me some time to learn the matrix until I finally found someone that actually wrote proper instructions, but I am not familiar with how to combine shipping.

I do sell a lot on eBay and I have it set up as combine shipping. Over the time, I had 9 combine shipping and only once, eBay's function worked. So I just refunded the difference.

I can do just enough on the internet to get myself in trouble. If I had cable or satellite internet and had the speed, I may stay on the internet longer to learn, but I use dial up and get by. I have family think it is funny that I don't know how to use a cell phone but then I have a life and they are attached to that thing.

Whooops Sorry about last part, it's just me
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can do just enough on the internet to get myself in trouble. If I had cable or satellite internet and had the speed, I may stay on the internet longer to learn, but I use dial up and get by. I have family think it is funny that I don't know how to use a cell phone but then I have a life and they are attached to that thing.

I well remember having no satellite when selling on line. When we moved to our current location, around 4 miles out of town, all we had was dial up and we had to have two landline phones as mice, squirrels, etc. would chew on a line and it would be down for up to a week till fixed so we needed the other phone to remain selling. One of the things I like best about eCRATER was even then, it was the fastest site of all the ones I sold on to get things listed. My hubby and I made a deal that if I could get up a certain amount in sales we could get satellite access. It is/was wonderful. Of course, the price starts out as a teaser rate and then jumps up to the regular one when you have forgotten about it. But we enabled whole house Wi-Fi since I spend a lot of time upstairs resting so I can use a laptop and still keep up with things with the business. It came in very handy when my stair climber broke and I could only tolerate at best 3 trips up and down the stairs on my own two feet a day. We got a new one installed last fall. That and the items I had found recently for caring for rickety people came in so handy last week when I fell so badly. But anyhow, satellite is wonderful except for cutting out for about 20-30 minutes before a storm hits and yesterday we got up to 2-4" of snow and the dish got covered and had to wait for hubby to clean it off before I could get on line. No cell phones here either, just the land line. Learned the computer and internet mostly on my own as I was born about a week apart from one of the guys that helped develop PCs so not anything we had in school at all.

Who knew with those bras. We still laugh about a yard sale that we went to years ago that featured a completely worn out bra for a quarter. It was so stretched out it wouldn't have supplied any support and was too limp for the bra crafts I have seen.

If you want to scan descriptions, I understand that, but you might still want to put things like the RN numbers, UPCs, extra stuff that a shopper isn't going to use as a search keyword towards the bottom so that sizes, style, material, brand are way at the top. Of course, if you have done a study on keywords and find something like the RN number is meaningful to buyers (sure not to me) then of course make them more prominent. I don't know how far a search engine will look at a description to pick up fine details, but you also have double spacing which could mean most of the important stuff that is lower down in your description might not be picked up the spyders/bots. I tried to keep up by reading with how searches are conducted and finally gave up because as soon as I got my listings to take advantage of the best listing style they change things. Most especially good old google.

As to using the matrix for combined shipping it is fairly easy once the lightbulb in your head goes off. It hit me in the middle of the night after pondering it for two days. For one item at a particular range weights (like 8-15.9 ounces) you should have the matrix set for what that will cost to ship plus an allowance for supplies, etc. That should be the second column as your first would be .01-7.9 ounces with the shipping cost filled in. So if someone buys two items that weighed about 5 ounces each they would total 10 ounces so the shipping would be what it is in the second column that calculates for the 8-15.9 column. Both of these items would have had a 1 entered into we weight spot when listing. If you have say camisoles that weigh maybe 2 ounces a piece, you could put their weight into the weight spot on the listing page as 0.25. That way if someone buys three of them the weight calculates out as still being in the shipping cost of your first column. Each progressive column you can use as a next higher shipping cost and most likely you using Priority mail so you can have each column handle the next pound or 2 pounds. What ends up is a person can buy a pair of earrings, a camisole and a heavy sweater and if you have put the right weights into the weight box when listing and have your shipping costs correct. The cost to ship should be just about perfect. I realize that there are the different zones and flat rate boxes and all sorts of things to muddle through, but just about every time I have to use more than a flat rate envelope, a regular box is my cheapest solution.

I may have made it sound confusing, but if you PM me with how you have your matrix set up, I can tell if it is going to work out correctly. I’ve been here 9 years so far and never had a miscalculation in my shipping, even when someone bought 27 patterns all at once!
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to the original question, I don't think feedback matters too much here. Coming from FeeBay myself, it is drilled into sellers heads there that feedback means everything (when it actually means nothing) and when sellers flee from there to other venues it is a natural desire to establish a good feedback score as soon as possible. However, I have seen far too many sellers on here with horrendous feedback scores and yet they are still selling, sometimes hundreds of items a year! As a fellow seller, I do consider other sellers' feedback scores when I plan on buying items from this site but it's not make or break for me. I don't believe the general public bothers to check that though as most don't even notice what country the seller is from (thus many negative feedbacks relating to long shipping times).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one good thing about getting at least one feedback, is that from that point on your number of sales will show. So even with only one feedback, but say 100 orders showing, a buyer should feel comfortable buying since the seller has transacted 100 orders -- with NO negatives or problems if they look at the feedback. So your score will be, even with just one positive feedback, 100% 87 orders/sales whatever the word is on your listing page.

I know not everyone pays attention to these things like other sellers, but someone showing 42% feedback and 7 orders isn't going to look like a good buying risk at all.

I am also stunned by some sellers here and elsewhere that have horrendous feedback, anything below 80% in my opinion, and they are still selling and still getting the same feedback. I think it could be part of the dumbing down of America. Rolling Eyes that buyers don't even seem to notice or they have such positive outlooks that they think they will be the exception to the rule of bad service a particular seller may be providing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BustedorNot wrote:
I also sell on another site a different line of items.

This site does not do feedbacks, but since I am in control of my store, I have taken screen shots of my ebay rating and selling feedback.
I set up a separate category and listing with the pictures of my feedback and add a description on my selling profile and any concerns.

Need to think about it.
This would not be allowed on eCRATER and would be considered in violation of the Terms of Service. You are free to mention your eBay rating including your eBay seller name and a link to your feedback page on any of your text pages (like your About page). The link would not be clickable, but if someone was interested, they could enter the link in their address bar and look.
BustedorNot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SheilaDeesPostcards

Thank you for the information
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people quote feedback from other sites on their about pages. Make sure you quote accurately inside quotes and identify it as feedback from eBay or wherever. Just identify buyer by first name and last initial or just initials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: