eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am not able to post. The system keep asking for attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shidhe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: I am not able to post. The system keep asking for attributes Reply with quote

Has this happen to anyone?
I entered the bracket, symbols, etc., and it keep doing the same. I will appreciate some insights. Or otherwise how do I get to help?
I have a message upon entry suggesting to help me with attributes.
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably get a better response if you posted this question under help instead of eCRATER in the news.

We have all had trouble with attributes as they keep changing the rules. We need to see what it is you have done as an example to even begin to figure out where you are having trouble.

Edited to add:

After answering the above, I went to your store to see if I could figure out where you might be having the problem. how long have you had a store here? I see you made posts in 2010 and in 2012 and it is now 2017 and you are here again or still. You lot to have maybe 10 items listed. All the listings have problems. Your descriptions of one word do not cut it if you want to sell something. You have a few listings with more than one word descriptions (which are barely descriptions) but even though they include more words, don't say much. You especially have problems with your shipping. You are including Library Mail which you can not use, that is only for libraries! Your media mail rates for your paperback books are coming out at between $7-9. I thought maybe you were just bulking up the price to make more profit. Then I saw your listing for the Alfred Dunner coat (NOT Dunned). and your media mail rate (which you can not use for clothing) came to $3.12! In the listing for some reason you go into a discussion about Priority flat rate mailing and the matrix - none of which belongs in a description of a product, I would estimate of all the choices that you give for shipping, only the flat rate large box would the coat fit into and off hand I don't know if the price is right. However buyers will always pick the cheapest shipping and in this case they would probably pick the Library rate of $2.97 (which you can no use since you are not a library and a coat is not media, same with the $3.12 media rate). A coat that large will not fix into a small flat rate box or envelope.

Sorry to dump a lot of things for you to think about and fix, but your store is not ready to be open yet. I would advise you to put it on hold until these problems are taken care of as well as filling in your About us and your terms of service. Get rid of the Cash on Delivery payment option as well. I think you will find that if you get a good grasp of writing better titles and descriptions, you will have a much easier job of doing your attributes as many of the attributes that google is looking for should be part of your descriptions.
Shidhe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Thank you moonwishesStore Reply with quote

I greatly appreciate your advice. I will proceed to fix the issues. I guess I didn't quite understood how things work here but you have illuminated the landscape.
I am humble to know how much I ought to do. I will follow your suggestions. Thank you for kindly taking the time to respond.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help. My theory is the better that all sellers can be here, the better everyone's sales will be. Some folks however, don't ever want to know that they goffed with something they did and want no advice at all. Every venues is different and needs to be handled a different way.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: