eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Same order placed 5 times by user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coincloset1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Same order placed 5 times by user Reply with quote

I have setup inventory, had one of each item and somehow this person has placed the same order and PAID for it 5 times. I know I can go into Paypal and refund the money for the bad 4 orders but how can this happen on an inventory item? Once the item is sold and paid for via paypal its placed onhold and no longer shows up in the store. Just want to make it so this doesnt happen again, easy fix, but a waste of time. when I refund the money do I have to still pay for the sale in Paypal? <-- sorry this was an after thought.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have quantity control turned on? If so it could be because they kept buying quicker that eCRATER updated your account. If you only have one item, then that is all your can ship, but if you have more than one, you need to double check with the buyer as to how many items they actually wanted. If I recall correctly, you will lose the 30 cent fee on each of the PP payments so $1.20.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sites remove an item from sale once the customer begins the checkout system. On eCrater, the item remains available for sale until the buyer completes checkout by paying via PayPal AND Paypal sends notice back to eCrater that the payment was completed. This process can take a little time. The item remains active until the notice is received from PayPal. Normally a buyer pays and goes on to other business. If the customer uses the back button on their keyboard, they return to the item and it is still for sale they repeat the process. Since the payment notice hasn't been received from PayPal, the item is still shown as available. Every time the buyer uses their back button, this will continue to happen until the notice is received from PayPal. It's my understanding that the system goes quicker if you use PayPal Express instead of PayPal Standard, but it's possible it could still happen if the customer is really quick with their back button.

The system could be designed where the item is removed from inventory when placed in a shopping cart, but that has it's own set of problems. Someone that doesn't like you could place your products in a shopping cart and never pay while you are missing sales.

I've not heard of any way to prevent this from happening. Thank goodness most customers are not going to use their back button to return to the item they just bought.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also happens when the buyer clicks the final button to checkout and the page doesn't load immediately (usually due to slow internet connection). So the buyer clicks the button again (and again and again) because they aren't sure or doesn't think it went through the first time. My mother has a bad habit of doing this. I tell her to wait patiently but she never listens. Rolling Eyes This causes multiple purchases of the same item. It happens on my FeeBay account often. Buyers purchase the same item twice because they think it didn't go through the first time. It happens most frequently with buyers purchasing from a mobile device. On FeeBay fortunately it only happens with multiple quantity items. On eCRATER it can be with single quantity items and I have had it happen twice so far. I refund the second payment and send the buyer an email confirming that I only have one of that item for sale.
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Multiple purchases on 1 item Reply with quote

This same thing happened to me! There must be something going wrong within eCrater to cause this, because it never has happened on any other marketplace. I had only 1 item and the seller purchased it twice. I have tried contacting the seller to no avail. This is costing us money, because of fees on eCrater and PayPal. What to do? How do we contact eCrater to have them remove the extra fee(s)?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I had only 1 item and the seller purchased it twice. I have tried contacting the seller to no avail. This is costing us money, because of fees on eCrater and PayPal. What to do? How do we contact eCrater to have them remove the extra fee(s)?

Sheila explained the cause of this. It is the slow back and forth between PP and ecrater.

There is no reason to lose fees. Just refund the second order via PP and it will show up as refunded in your order page. Ecrater 'sees' the refund come through, but if you want to be extra sure, write them and tell them that you refunded a MP order. Of course if the order didn't come through the marketplace, then you have no fees at all to worry about and you don't have to bother the ecrater team about it at all. It isn't a big deal, at least not like on ebay where the fees are so much higher and you have to jump through hoops to get refunded.
BeautyBargains4u

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Double payment for 1 item Reply with quote

This was a store direct purchase. How do I mail a letter to eCrater? Don't they have an option to email or call them?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link on the home page to email them, http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php They have a small staff and you will get a real answer from a real person. But it may take a bit.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This was a store direct purchase

As I mentioned before, unless something was purchased through the marketplace, there are no fees. So no fees for store direct and no need to bother the ecrater team.

Here are the non-fee ways to sell:

store Direct
store Google
Store Bing
Store Pinterest
Store Yahoo
Store Facebook
Store Twitter (I think never had one of those)
Store Other

None of the above incur ecrater fees of any sort however they do incur PP or Stripe fees.

Sales via Marketplace are either 2.9% or they can be whatever percentage you checked and it will tell you in the order list what the percentage was. Those are the only two that you might want to let ecrater know, but they get notified I bleive by way to the refund from PP or Stripe.

Hope this makes it more clear. The more you promote, the more chances you get sales without fees.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I perfectly understand You've felt surprised and that this system is very inconvenient for both, buyers and sellers.

I also wish EC could put automatically on hold the sold item (by this I mean, when the buyer clicks on the "buy it" button and proceeds with the payment and not when a processor company confirms it) to avoid buyer's frustration and unnecessary complications for sellers (multiple purchases of a single item, refunds, explanations messages, etc.).

I must say, You've been rather 'lucky' that this has happened 4 extra times with the same buyer and not with 4 different customers!

And it's really a pity for this nice marketplace, because this factor may keep many new buyers to have confident to purchase here.

I believe, it would be much better, if we, sellers, have this on our shoulders: after items sold, to have them (automatically) invisible and IF for some reason on the buyer's end, a payment would be NOT confirmed, then we could manually relist this item.

This way buyers wouldn't experience these kind of disappointing situations.

I've had here two sales, one from marketplace and one direct and only because I've read once here on forum that the sold item remains available online, the moment I've noticed my sales, I've put them on hold.

BUT due to the time zone difference, they still have been visible in my gallery for some hours.
In shops with lots sales and items, which are on a great demand, it could be a really serious problem.

For now, since it is set this way, the moment You notice sales, put these items on hold.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been selling here for close to 10 years now and only ONCE in all that time have I had orders from two different buyers come in so close together that there was any kind of problem. As long as my quantity box is filled in correctly, I don't worry about it. It doesn't happen very often from my perspective, but perhaps other type items it does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: