eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

google attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusanJWilsonTiesPlus

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: google attributes Reply with quote

I have been trying to get all of my attributes for Google correct and just cannot seem to get it right. I sell handmade clothing items and do not have UPC codes for them. I tried to add as an attribute identifier_exists with the value of FALSE and I am still being asked for a UPC after saving. What attributes do I need to get accepted by Google when my items are handmade? I have read and read about this and using the identifier_exists attribute is the only thing I can find to put. Also, do I list my items as " brand new" or " new other" ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that you are seeing the red exclamation mark as seeing that your attributes haven't taken?

Are your items brand new or not? That is the difference. I wear lots of handmade clothes that I have made, but some are very old, but when newly made and not worn, they are new.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: google attributes Reply with quote

SusanJWilsonTiesPlus wrote:
I sell handmade clothing items and do not have UPC codes for them. I tried to add as an attribute identifier_exists with the value of FALSE and I am still being asked for a UPC after saving.
All items need 2 of the "unique product identifiers" if new OR you need to use the identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. All the items I saw in your store were handmade so you would ONLY need the identifier_exists attribute. Once you enter the attribute and save, you have met GS requirements for "unique product identifier". It may take a week or more for the notice from eCRATER to go away. It will stay until the next feed is sent to GS and comes back as the item accepted which takes time.

Quote:
What attributes do I need to get accepted by Google when my items are handmade? .... Also, do I list my items as " brand new" or " new other" ?
In addition to the "unique product identifier" you also need other attributes for your "people" clothing accessories. Some of the required attributes are supplied based on the Global Categories you selected when you listed the item (such as gender). The attribute "color" is required and I think the attribute size may be required for your ties. For color you either enter the primary color as the value or a list of the main colors separated by a / mark. Here's what Google says"
Quote:
Don't combine several color names into 1 word instead of separating them with a / such as RedPinkBlue

Don’t use a value that isn’t a color such as multicolor, various, variety, men's, women's, or N/A

The attribute size can have one size fits most. Here's what Google says, "If your item is one size fits all or one size fits most, you can use one size, OS, one size fits all, OSFA, one size fits most, or OSFM" .

Your size for your tie is hard to read. I would strongly suggest you change from 41/2x21/2" to 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" OR 4.5" x 2.5".

The size and color attributes are not required for you pet shirts and, personally, I don't think Google would use them if you did add them. I looked at a couple of your pet shirt listings and saw attributes which means there was a problem with the way you added the attribute. (You may have a space before or after the attribute name or you missed the underscore between two words.) I did see the attributes "product type" and that attribute is no longer accepted by Google and is not submitted by eCRATER.

I would think Brand New would be correct for all your items. New other is generally used for items that haven't been used, but aren't really brand new either. For example, if you bought a box of car parts that haven't been used, are still in the original box but have been stored in someone garage for 25 years, I wouldn't call them "brand new" but they aren't "used" either. I would list them as "New - other".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick thought about your dog shirts. The puppy manniquein that they are one looks like a small toy and may be hard for some to visualize on their dog. If you could put your measuring tape along side of the puppy to give customers more of an idea of how big the dog is, it might help. Kid of like putting a quarter next to or on top of fabric to show the size of the motifs in the fabric.
Obsoaps

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Help with google attributes Reply with quote

I am trying to add products to my shop however I am very confused when I get the following message in red.

"Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan.

I make and sell bath and body items and I do not use upc. What should go in the Attribute name box and what should go in the Attribute Value box?

I wrote to support and the answer was vague, so I am stuck and need help! Sad

Please be as clear as possible as I do not understand googles jargon Question
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your items that you have made that do not have a upc code will need the attribute identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Be sure when you add them to use the underscore between the 2 words in the attribute title and make sure there are no spaces before or after the attribute title. It will take some time for the red reminder to go away, but don't worry about it.
Obsoaps

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I do not understand any of the jargon you are using.
Could you give me a simple and clear example?

What goes in the Attribute Name box?
What goes in the Attribute Value box?

I copied/pasted what you wrote and you didn't specify what goes in each box.

What in the world does this mean below?

attribute identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Be sure when you add them to use the underscore between the 2 words in the attribute title and make sure there are no spaces before or after the attribute title

I do thank you for responding though.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsoaps wrote:
Could you give me a simple and clear example?

What goes in the Attribute Name box? identifier_exists
What goes in the Attribute Value box? FALSE

Obsoaps wrote:
What in the world does this mean below?

attribute identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Be sure when you add them to use the underscore between the 2 words in the attribute title and make sure there are no spaces before or after the attribute title

Make sure you use an underscore between the words identifier and exists. A space or hyphen will not work! When you use cut & paste sometimes there will be an extra space before or after the word which will cause the Attribute Name to be considered incorrect. Make sure there is not a space before or after the Attribute Name identifier_exists.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: