eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping rate calculation problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Shipping rate calculation problem Reply with quote

I have flate rate shipping $4.99 on one item
customer order 3 same item and paid total $2.45 shipping

I check my listing is says shipping flate rate $4.99

How do I fix this or cross check my other items

Thanks in advance

EDITED

I check as a customer
at the checkout cart give me shipping options from first class to priority mail
then for test I chose first option and I see shipping charges $1.40

HOW DO I FIX THIS PLEASE HELP
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have USPS Calculated shipping activated. The ONLY time your flat rate shipping will be used is IF the USPS website is slow and doesn't return the shipping. The USPS Calculated Shipping will over-ride any other choice you make, it is store-wide. When you use USPS Calculated shipping it is wise to have a back-up system in place for those rare times when the USPS site is busy, but you must remember these are back-up systems to the USPS Calculated Shipping system.

If you do not want to use USPS Calculated Shipping, in your admin go to Account > Options and remove the checkmark in the box beside "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". After you do this, you MUST make sure every item has either flat rate postage given OR you have weights correct to match your completed Weight Matrix.

If you do want to use the USPS Calculated Shipping, make sure you only offer shipping methods that can be used for EVERY item in your store. The one exception is First Class which is only offered if the weight is 13 ozs (entered as 0.8125) or less. You are currently offering a library rate that is only available if you are a licensed library. You are offering media mail rate which must be available for every item in your store and currently you have no items that would be legal to ship via media mail. You have flat rate shipping option offered that would be way too small for some of your items, so you shouldn't offer those options either.

Again, only offer those methods that would be correct for EVERY item in your store when using USPS Calculated shipping.

You also need to make sure your packed weight on each item is listed as a decimal. So 1 pound would be entered as 1, a half pound would be entered as 0.5, and 4 ozs would be entered as 0.25.
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SheilaDeesPostcards

It is big help
Now I have to fix this
1-Shipping weight
2- If I have flat shipping charges, then disable USPS calculated shipping
3- Remove library and media shipping options.

I am new @ eCrater and this is my first sale I open my store in March 2017

Thanks again for this help
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question
I fix my shipping options

Now when I check as a customer

When I add more than one item shipping charges are same as one item

1- Candy shiping cost is 4.99
3- Candy also show same cost 4.99

How do I fix this
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xcellenceoutlet wrote:
Another question
I fix my shipping options

Now when I check as a customer

When I add more than one item shipping charges are same as one item

1- Candy shiping cost is 4.99
3- Candy also show same cost 4.99

How do I fix this

You still have USPS Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope listed as an option for shipping. You have a number of items in your store that will not fit in a Flat-Rate Envelope. Your customers are going to look at the price, select the cheapest shipping which is normally going to be the Flat-Rate Envelope and then pay you. The terms of service for eCRATER state:
Quote:
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
Since you can't bill for extra shipping, you are either going to have to ship for the lower fee OR cancel the purchase. This customer will still be able to leave feedback. NOTE: You can use the USPS Priority Flat-Rate Envelopes to ship the items if the customer paid for Priority.

As far as the candy, I'm not sure about your question. The shipping estimate with USPS Calculated shipping only shows the shipping for a quantity of one. The customer will be shown the combined shipping when they go through the checkout BEFORE they complete their purchase. Also, the only candy I saw in your store would cost way more than $4.99 to ship. It's 9.75 for that item to north Florida.

You also have a potential problem with your Garden Kneeling Pad. You should have 3 listings, one for each color. This will give your store more listings and avoid the back and forth between you and the customer. Most customers will just move on if they have to contact you regarding the color. Some customers are going to see the picture of 3 and assume they are getting all three. When only one arrives, they are going to be mad. Another seller here gave these buyers the name Click Click customers which I love. They are the ones who click, buy, don't read and later get mad at you for their error. Easier to just make one listing for each color.
xcellenceoutlet

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SheilaDeesPostcards

I can fix this tonight.

Thanks for help
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: